7; Square Roots

After everyone else had left for the day, I stayed behind in Miss Roberts classroom. She gave me some questions from the seventh grade math textbook to do on the board, which I finished pretty quickly. Then she did the same for an eighth grade question, which I also finished. By the time I was finishing up a ninth grade question on algebra, I heard the classroom door squeak open.

It was Tony

It was Tony.

"Hi," I smiled.

"Hi... um, Miss..." Tony started.

"Roberts." My teacher said.

"Miss Roberts. You wanted to see me. Is something wrong?" He shook her hand.

"No, no, the complete opposite actually. Hey Victoria, why don't you go get a drink? You've been working for a while." Miss Roberts suggested. I agreed.

*3rd person POV*

"Mister Stark," Miss Roberts said, ushering to a seat in front of her desk. Tony sat down. "Your daughter is incredibly smart, she can multiply big numbers in her head."

"Well seeing as she's my daughter that would make sense, yes." Tony's narcissism was showing. Miss Roberts swallowed.

"Sir, I think she would be more happy in a higher level, or perhaps in a more advanced school..."

"Angela, may I call you Angela?" Tony started. "Victoria is smart, but she isn't a... genius. I think you're getting ahead of yourself."

"She is doing ninth grade mathematics in the sixth grade. And that's just what we had time for."

Tony sighed, feeling defeated. "She can do whatever work you provide her with, but I want her to stay here, in this school. She's a kid, she needs to feel like one. Not some... robot."

Angela nodded, seeming to agree with Tony. "Okay."

...

*Victoria's POV*

Later that night, I was sitting on my usual stool in Tony's workshop working on some square roots from my new textbooks. Tony was working on his suit again.

"Aren't you finished that yet?" I asked, finally looking up from my notebook.

"It works, it's worked for a while. But I'm always adding to it." He explained. I made an 'O' shake with my mouth.

"Will I ever be able to fly it?" I asked.

He chuckled. "Yeah, right."

"Why not?"

"Because it's too dangerous."

"You do it."