28; Adventures in the Big City

This chapter was so fun to write😛

When we closed the sliding door, we sprinted to the side of the house to hide ourselves from anyone indoors. I took the metal box out of my pocket and laid it on the ground, pressing my foot firmly on top of it. The suit crawled up my leg and surrounded the rest of my body, the mask was the last thing to close.

"Show off." Peter joked, reaching into his backpack. A bright red and blue fabric came into view and Peter began taking off his shirt.

I giggled and turned around to give him some privacy, then spun back around to see him fully suited up.

"Your suit looks way more comfortable than mine." I stated and he chuckled.

"Let's go!" He shot a web from his hand and flew into the air.

"Hey, wait for me!" I laughed, powering my jets and flying upward. I hoped nobody would hear them from inside the house. I mean, Tony wouldn't mind if Peter and I just went out for a little while, right?

The two of us flew through the air, laughing and joking until soon enough we'd made it all the way downtown. We were between buildings with cars and pedestrians below us, and I could spot quite a few of them looking up at us and pointing.  I have to admit, I like the attention I got when I was in my suit. I suppose I get that selfish trait from Tony, actually, I'm sure of it.

As I peered down at the people below us, something flashed by me and hit my arm, making me almost lose control of my suit. I looked up and saw Peter swinging by.

"Tag, you're it!" He yelled, swinging away.

I laughed and plunged forward, aiming for him, I put my fist forward and blasted my suit's glove at him, not fast enough for it to hurt him, obviously. It flew through the air and tapped him on his back, making him swing to the left and stick to the side of a building. I levitated in the air and laughed at him as he stared up at me, the metal glove flew back onto my hand.

"That's cheating!" Peter yelled, aiming his hand at me.

"Is not!—" I was cut off by his webs attacking my suit. "Hey!" I laughed, trying to get them off.

They surrounded my suit and Peter shot another web onto a building across the street, swinging and pulling me along with him despite my screams. As I was flung through the air, I was able to see people below us pulling out their cellphones and begin recording us. I got a little bit nervous, thinking Tony would see this and be furious with me. But I was having so much fun! Come on, I was just kidnaped! I deserve to have a little fun.

I finally repositioned my hands and feet downward, powering up my jets and regaining balance upright. Peter stuck to the side of another building and looked up at me as I faced my palm upward at a small store sign hanging above him. I blasted the chains holding the sign up and it began falling toward Peter, who quickly jumped and swung out of the way. The sign fell onto the sidewalk below, nearly hitting some walking pedestrians who looked up at us with wide eyes.

"Oops," I said, hovering in mid-air. I looked to Peter who watched from his position on the building.

There were people standing around at this point, watching from the sidewalks and from their cars.

"Tag!" There was another hard tap on my back.

Completely neglecting the sign I just blasted off the side of the building, I followed quickly behind Peter who swung further down the street and turned a corner. It was a beautiful, hot day and the sun was shining high in the sky.

"Would you like me to apply sun protection, Miss Stark?" I heard a British voice say in my ear.

"Holy shi—crap, Jarvis you scared me. I didn't know you were in my suit."

"Mister Stark had me installed recently."

"Oh, cool. Sunglasses would be great."

My vision was dimmed and I relaxed my eyes, sighing in relief. "Thanks, that's better!"

Peter swung low to the ground and I dipped down. Unable to fly back up in time, I accidentally hit a fire hydrant, causing water to spray up everywhere.

"Whoops!" I blurted out. "My bad!"

Peter swung backwards while he laughed hysterically at my clumsiness, until he ended up smacking directly into a moving transport truck. He landed on the windshield, blocking the driver's vision and making the truck swerve around on the road. Peter clung on for dear life, yelling out a continuous 'AHHHH' until they hit another car, and that's when I realized this was getting out of hand, fast!

"Uhh..." I lowered myself slowly so I was floating right about Peter, who was still laying on the hood of the truck.

"What the hell?" The driver yelled, stepping out.

Peter immediately pushed himself up and stood on the hood of the truck. "Uh, sorry man... um, Victoria..." I looked at him. "Run!"

You didn't have to tell me twice, I powered my jets and flew upward, Peter shot a web onto a nearby building and pulled himself into the air as well. I thought we were free, when I abruptly hit my head off something above me.

"Ouch, what the—"

"Oh, hi Iron Girl, hi Spider-Man..." a familiar red and gold suit spoke mockingly. Shit.

"Oh, uh, hi dad!" I stammered nervously, then turned to see Peter swinging and sticking to the building next to us.

"Mister Stark, I can explain." He said, out of breath.

"Can you?!" Tony exclaimed, motioning to the street below us.

Peter and I both looked down to see a fire hydrant spewing water everywhere, someone holding the sign I shot down, and two vehicles smashed together. I gulped.

"Well," Peter said. "Not all of it."

Hey bois, so I read your comments and it's kind of tied between people who want Victoria and Peter Parker to have a romantic vs brother/sister relationship. At the moment I think I will keep them as good friends and in the future maybe start a romance between them, when Victoria is older.
If you guys have any ideas for future chapters please leave a comment, I'm having a bit of writers block🤪
Love you!!