22; It Was Her?

This chapter had me tearing up while writing it😪

"It was her?!" I heard Thor yell, and raised my head to look at him again. He was standing in front of Loki's cell, and Loki was standing to face him. "After all these years, it was her all along?!"

Loki didn't say anything, he just stood with his arms by his sides and a blank look on his face. Though, I could see a slight smirk rising on his lips.

"Thor." Tony said. Thor turned around. "What the hell is going on?"

"I'll explain on the aircraft. Get her the hell away from him." Thor stormed out of the building through the giant hole in the wall, his hammer in hand.

As we were leaving, I noticed some police-looking people surrounding the building. Tony nodded his head and the majority of them headed inside, I assume to take care of Loki so he doesn't cause anymore trouble.

We boarded a big aircraft, it wasn't a plane, it was bigger than that, and it had the big Avengers "A" on the side of it. Tony kept me in his arms the entire time, even when he took a seat onboard, and kept me in his lap with his arms tightly around me. Usually I wouldn't be too fond of this, since I'm too old for all that now, but this time I made an exception. I was so cold and hungry from being locked up for God knows how long, I just wanted someone to hold me. And I also really wanted a cheeseburger.

We sat in silence for about 3 minutes before I heard footsteps approaching, and turned my head to face the other direction but kept it on Tony's chest

We sat in silence for about 3 minutes before I heard footsteps approaching, and turned my head to face the other direction but kept it on Tony's chest. The arc-reactor kind of dug into my cheek but I didn't mind. Thor walked past us, then sat on the seat opposite us.

"Would you like to explain what the hell is going on?" Tony said, he sounded angry.

Thor looked just as angry as Tony did, maybe more. He looked at his hands and clenched his jaw before speaking up. I assumed he didn't know anything about this either.

"I didn't know it was her..." was all he said.

"You didn't know what was her?" Tony was getting more and more frustrated by the minute.

The rest of the group walked into the area we were in, and sat around us in different seats. They all listened in as Thor explained what was going on.

"Twelve years ago, Loki's sister became pregnant. She'd already come to Asgard against the rules, and now she was pregnant... with a mortal's child." He took a breath. "As soon as the child was born, his sister was imprisoned. Loki took care of the child for three years. During this time, the two of them constructed a plan, for her to escape and take the child to Earth. When they arrived... the Asgardians found her... and killed her."

Tony had the same confused expression on his face, and so did everyone else.

"You're holding that child, Tony." Thor said.

I didn't want to look at Tony, I kept my head on his chest. I knew he probably looked like he'd seen a ghost, and I don't blame him. All of a sudden, I heard and felt the vibration of Tony begin to laugh. I scrunched my eyebrows together, why was he laughing in a situation like this?

"You're kidding, right?" He asked.

I peered around the room from my position and saw everyone look at either him or Thor with serious expressions on their faces. They knew this wasn't a joke, it was far from it. I sat up so I could see Tony's face. He looked so scared, something I'd never seen from him before.

"Lulu," Thor said, earning his attention back. Tony's lips were parted and he was breathing deeply, his eyebrows furrowed. "That was his sister. Lustreal. She changed her name when she came to Earth."

Tony licked his lips, then looked me in the eyes.

"I didn't know." I whispered, shaking my head. "I'm so sorry..."

Tony mimicked me and shook his head as well. "You... but..." he stuttered, then looked to Thor again. "Why didn't you tell me?!"

"I told you, I didn't know it was her. Lustreal never told Loki who the father was, and Loki never told me what happened to the child. It could have been anyone." Thor explained.

Tony looked back to me and sucked in a breath, suddenly standing up, and I fell back. Thankfully, Steve was sitting close behind and caught me with his hands before I could hit the floor. Tony stood above me, he was still breathing heavily and quickly, and ran his hands through his hair. Thor stood up.

"Tony..." he went to put a hand on Tony's shoulder, but he moved out of the way and stared at him, then down at me.

Tony pushed Thor's arm away and speeded out of the room.

"Tony!" Thor yelled after him.

I felt hot tears build up in my eyes and run down my cheeks, and brought my knees to my chest, burying my face in my arms. I let out huge sobs, not caring who was around to see me in this state.

"C'mere, kid." I heard Steve say from behind me.

I turned around, he put his hands under my arms and pulled me into his lap this time, wrapping his arms tightly around my now shaking body.

"He h-hates me." I sobbed into his chest.

"He doesn't hate you, Victoria." I heard Natasha say, then felt another hand rub my back. "He's just confused, that's all."

I peeked out and saw that Thor had left the room as well, and assumed he'd followed Tony. I hiccuped into Steve's shirt, probably soaking it with my tears at this point, which I felt kinda bad about. I'm sure he didn't mind though, Steve was so nice.