20; Your Father is a Fool

I felt like crying, fainting and throwing up all at the same time. But all I could do was stare. I stared at Loki's stone-cold expression with my mouth hanging open.

"You'll attract flies like that." He said. I closed my mouth, but felt tears well up in my eyes. Great, let him know how much of a wuss you really are.

"You could be lying." My voice cracked.

"Would you like proof?"

I honestly didn't know. What if he wasn't lying, and she really was his sister? No... there's no way. I nodded my head before I could change my mind. He seemed pleased by this and walked toward the broken table. He picked something up that'd probably fallen off of it. He approached me once again and stood with the object in his right hand, holding it in his palm. He pressed a button and a hologram appeared from it. It was my mother... just how I remembered her, as foggy as those memories now were. The vision played out in front of me, though I knew it had happened years and years ago.

My mother was in a strange place, somewhere I didn't recognize. It didn't look like earth. Loki was with her.

"Loki..." She said. "I have unforgivable news."

"What's happened? Are you alright?" He seemed concerned, something I didn't expect to see from him, he approached my mother and held her hands in his own.

"I am alright, but I fear I won't be for long. My brother, I am ashamed to admit, I'm pregnant."

Loki stared at her. "Are you sure?" She nodded. "Lustreal, how? When? Don't you know what will happen when everyone finds out? They will kill you!"

"I know, I know. Loki, I need your help." She pleaded. Loki's expression softened, I could tell he loved his sister.

"Of course, but, how Lustreal? Odin and Frigga, they would never allow a child to be born here."

"That's not even the worst of it... brother, her father is a human."

"A human... from Earth?" Loki asked. Lustreal nodded.

"She will be sentenced to death, Lustreal. Humans are banned from Asgard. You know this."

The vision suddenly stopped and I tore my eyes away from it, back to Loki. I swallowed the lump in my throat.

"Lustreal?" Was the only thing I could manage out.

"That was her real name. She went by Lulu once she arrived to Earth." He explained. "Her alter ego."

"Was I born in Asgard?"

"Yes." He said. I was shocked. "But you wouldn't remember. Odin and Frigga did not know about he pregnancy until the day you were born. Lustreal was imprisoned for some time."

"Who took care of me?"

"I did." Loki was pacing at this point. My stomach turned. "Your mother asked me to in advance, she knew what would become of her. I raised you for three years. I visited her every day, and we came up with a plan. I helped her escape and she took you to Earth. That's when she changed her name to Lulu."

"Was she really killed in a car crash?"

"No. It didn't take long for the people of Asgard to find her, and when they finally did, they went to Earth, and they killed her." He sounded sad.

"Why didn't they kill me?"

"They were going to." He said. "I saved you. Once they brought you back to Asgard, I found you and took you back to Earth, I knew you'd be safer there. I left you on the step of an orphanage."

All of this was a lot to take in. My head was hurting and I just wanted to go to sleep and forget all about it. But I couldn't.

"You tried to kill my father." I argued.

"I saved your life."

"You would have ruined it again. I am happy now."

He looked... hurt? No, it's a lie. Everything with Loki is.

"Why did you bring me here anyway?" I just wanted to go home.

"You are being held back where you live now. You obtain powers that, with my help, can take over the world." He smiled.

"I don't want to take over the world. I'm happy with my life."

His smile faded quickly. "You're stubborn, just like your mother."

I sighed. "Look, thank you for saving me. I really had no idea you even had any good in you. You've proved me wrong. But I am not going to help you take over the world, I want to go home."

"This can be your home."

"No."

"Why not?"

"My father is looking for me. He's going to find me." I changed the subject.

"Your father is a fool."

"No he's no—"

"He had no respect for my sister! She was cursed with his child and killed because of it! Because of him!" He yelled. "And now you're cursed with the same fate."

"What do you mean?"

"You are the same as I. You will turn out just like me." He smirked. "It's just a matter of time."