15; The Blonde Lady

"I can't believe we're doing this!" I yelled over the roaring sound of the plane.

Tony laughed. "It'll be fun! Don't worry so much!"

"But I've never done this before? Have you done this before?— you haven't done this before either, have you?!" I stammered as we hovered over the drop zone.

"Victoria," Tony cut in. "Sometimes you have to run, before you can walk."

I rolled my eyes and stared as the back door of the plane began lowering. The cold air blowing past us hit me and I almost fell back, I would have, if Tony weren't behind me.

We were both in our suits, geared up and ready to jump out of the plane to land in the stadium below for the Stark Expo. I could have just waited backstage for everything to be over, but I wanted to be involved. I wanted to have some fun.

Before we could jump, though, Tony had to check to make sure every little thing was working with my suit, not just once, but five times.

"Okay, okay! The suit is fine!" I laughed through the radio. I could hear Tony do the same on the other end.

"Are you guys ready?" Pepper stumbled over to us, gripping her clipboard so it wouldn't blow out of her hands.

We both gave a thumbs up, making her laugh.

"Alright," she said, heading back to the front of the plane.

"One, two," Tony started counting as we stood on the edge of the platform. "Three!"

On cue, we both jumped and began falling through the air

On cue, we both jumped and began falling through the air. Tony ignited his jets and flew faster than me. I began spinning and lost control of my motion.

"Kid, you alright?" Tony spoke through the radio, though it sounded weird to me because I was spinning so quickly.

"Uhm, I'-m los-ing contr-ol." I said shakily.

"Hang on."

I could hear his jets power up again, and soon enough, I came to a holt and realized he had grabbed my arm to steady me.

"Hop on." He said.

You didn't have to tell me twice. I wrapped my arms around his neck, the metal clanged together, and we continued falling together. He powered the jets again and directed us into the open roof of the stadium. Tony landed on his feet, and one arm, with a loud thud, and the crowd went wild. I looked over them and smiled, even though they couldn't see my face. I climbed off Tony's back and stood next to him as the robotic arms began to remove his suit, one piece at a time. They began doing the same to mine.

Underneath, Tony was wearing a black tuxedo and I was wearing a white dress. Tony had actually done my hair for me tonight, after learning from Natasha for quite a while. He had it in two french braids. Tony tapped on my shoulder and told me to wave. I copied him and waved at them too.

"Ah, it's good to be back!" Tony yelled when somebody handed him a microphone. The crowd went crazy. "Thank you for coming tonight..." he continued talking and I kind of zoned out.

Some young women were standing just in front of the stage and they were reaching their hands up. I looked up at Tony who was still talking, and then back at them. I leaned down and put an arm out. They all grabbed on and I laughed, taking my arm back and standing up straight again. Am I famous? This is weird.

Finally, Tony stopped talking, placed a hand on my shoulder and began guiding me backstage.

The after party was a lot more entertaining, except there were no kids. But that was alright, I always got along better with adults anyways, which most people found weird.

"Victoria?" A voice caught my attention. I looked up from where I was sitting and met eyes with a woman with blonde hair.

"Uhm, hi." I smiled, playing my glass on the table in front of me and straightening my posture, something Tony taught me to do whenever I met somebody new.

"I'm one of the reporters that... reported on your Dad." She said. She sounded a bit like an airhead. I nodded in response.

"I was just wondering," she spat out, sitting next to me. I quickly scooted over in surprise. "What's it like having Tony as a father?"

I swallowed. "Uh, well, he's nice and really funny, and he's a really great Dad—"

"How long have you been living with him?" She cut me off.

"I'd say about two months..."

"Did you know about him before? I mean, you lived with someone else right?"

"Yeah, my mom." I felt sad thinking about her.

"So where was he?"

I gulped, my chest burned. "He wasn't in my life." I said simply.

"Why?"

"I don't know."

"You don't know?"

I shook my head.

"What happened to your mother?"

I felt my breathing speed up. "She's not alive anymore."

"What happened to her?" She repeated herself.

I was going to say that I didn't have to tell her, but didn't. "She was killed."

It got quiet for a couple seconds before the lady spoke up again. She leaned in, I met eyes with her.

"Does Tony abuse you?"

I was shocked. "N-no!"

I felt tears build up in my eyes and frantically looked around the room to find Tony. Finally, I spotted him next to the bar, drinking something from a glass with some other fancy looking men.

"Dad!" I yelled, standing up on the bench I was sitting on. The lady looked around nervously, surprised by my sudden outburst.

Tony immediately looked away from his people, searching around the room for me, which wasn't hard because I was standing above everyone else. I stood with tears streaming down my face, and he started pushing through the crowd of people to get to me.

The blonde lady stood up and moved away so Tony could get to me, but she still stood near us.

"What happened? What's wrong?" He said, standing in front of me and placing his hands on my arms.

I looked at the lady. "Her," I said, Tony looked at her. I couldn't say anything else, I wrapped my arms and legs around Tony and cried into his neck. I breathed in his strong scent of expensive cologne, which relaxed me slightly. He began walking and the chatter of the crowd faded away, so I could tell we'd left the room. I looked up and we were in the entrance of the stadium. Tony sat me on a bench and sat next to me.

"What happened?" He asked, keeping an arm draped over me.

"Sh-she.." I wiped my nose. "She was asking me a bunch of questions, about you at first, how you are as a father and I said you were great..." I said. Tony grinned. "But then, she started asking about my Mom, and what happened to her, and then asked if you abuse me."

Tony's breath hitched and his grip on my shoulder tightened. "I'm gonna kill her."

"No," I said. "It's okay."

"No it's not!" Tony exclaimed. "You're eleven years old for God's sake. She's a grown ass woman, she should know better than to ask you shit like that."

I sniffed, wiping my eyes with the back of my hand, which was soaking wet now.

"Come with me." Tony said, grabbing my hand.