19; Nightmare

Here's what you've been waiting for!💞😜

I woke up with an aching pain in my neck and back. I lifted my stiff neck and realized I'd fallen asleep with my head against the car's window, and that's why it was so sore. Wait, that wasn't a nightmare? Shit.

I quickly sat up. The sound of metal clanged and I looked down to see my wrists and ankles cuffed together. As if on cue, the door to my right opened and I scooted as far away from it as possible, staring at the man with wide eyes.

"You're awake." He said. This was the first time I'd heard his voice, it was deep and raspy. He sounded like a heavy smoker, and now that I thought about it, he smelled like it too.

I gulped, but didn't say anything.

"Come."

I didn't listen. I stayed seated, smooshed against the opposite side of the car.

"Come!" He yelled, making me jump. I decided it was probably not a good idea to disobey him, I mean, he did have a gun.

I cautiously scooted myself closer to the open door and he moved only slightly out of the way so I had room to step out. We were in a garage, which was gross and dirty and filled with trash. I looked down at my shoes and saw a cockroach walk over one of them. Being as squeamish as I am, I quickly kicked my foot to get it off. The man slammed the car door behind me, which made me jump once again, and wasted no time grabbing my forearm and dragging me inside the mystery building. I stumbled a bit due to the cuffs on my ankles, but he didn't slow down.

I felt my stomach growl. "How long was I asleep?"

He didn't answer. I sighed and looked back toward the ground as he lead me down a hallway.

"A few hours." He finally answered. "Maybe... eight."

"Eight hours?" I asked in astonishment. I wasn't tired before, he took me midday. I'd only just woken up, something wasn't adding up.

"Chloroform."

"What?" I asked.

"Chloroform."

"I only speak English."

"It is in English. It's a chemical. It makes you go unconscious."

My eyes went wide as I stared up at him. He seemed un-phased by this, as if that was a normal occurrence.

"You drugged me?"

"Only temporarily. You'll be fine."

We reached the end of the hall and he pushed a door open, pulling me inside with him. I stumbled forward as he turned to flick on a light. The lights were a bright white colour, and made me squint. Once my eyes adjusted, I looked around the room and saw about eight cells made of glass. All of them were empty, except one at the very end of the room.

"Why did you bring me here?" I turned to the man, who took hold of my arm once again and began leading me through the cells. He didn't answer. That was starting to annoy me.

When we got close enough, I could make out who it was inside the last cell. Loki.

My heart began beating out of my chest. Why did he bring me here? What could be possibly want with me? And why is Loki here? And where am I?!

The long-dark haired man was sitting on the floor, against the wall of his cell. It was a mess in there, unlike the others. The chair and table were tipped over and had missing legs, and there was what looked like blood on the floor and walls. The man stood me in front of the cell. Loki was looking down at his hands, then looked up slowly. A smirk plastered across his face. I took a deep breath to make myself look more menacing.

"Ah... the child. How I've missed your presence." He said in his thick accent. This time, I was the one who didn't speak. He pointed to my wrists. "Isn't so fun when it's you in the cuffs, is it?"

"Why am I here?" I finally spoke. I looked behind me and saw the man standing not too far away. I can't even run.

"You don't know?" He stood up. I took a step back, even though he couldn't get to me. "My dear, you and I have a lot in common."

"We have nothing in common."

He laughed evilly. "Oh but we do." I glared up at him. "Your hands."

I made a face. "What about my hands?"

"You see this cell... the mess it's in? How do you suggest it became this way?"

I was confused. "You broke—"

I was cut off by his hand shooting up and the already broken chair flying into the wall, making it break into even more pieces. I gasped and shut my eyes. I head him laugh again, and I looked up slowly.

"Poor child... you're oblivious to your abilities in this world." He said.

"How did you know?"

"I know everything." He replied quickly, nearly cutting me off again. "I know your name is Victoria... and your father is Iron Man." He sarcastically mocked the name. "And I know you obtain the same powers as I."

"So what? That doesn't make us anymore the same as before

"So what? That doesn't make us anymore the same as before."

"You are unaware of your origin."

"My origin?"

"You don't know the truth of where you are from."

"My father and mother were together years ago. My mother died when I was 3, my father—"

"Abandoned you?"

"He wasn't present for a long time. But he is now."

"Do you remember your mother?" He asked randomly. I didn't see how any of this was relevant.

"Not as much as I'd like." I admitted. I don't know why I was opening up to him.

"She was a lovely woman."

My heart skipped a beat. "Y-you knew her?"

"I knew her well." He turned back to face me, his face now cold. "She was my sister."