11; Show Off

"The Avengers can be seen here, on this recorded footage, fighting what looks to be like Loki, the God of mischief, on Thousand Oaks Boulevard today at noon. The private school, Oakwood Academy, was unfortunately damaged amongst some other buildings, while class was in session. There were no injuries. As many people may already know, Tony Stark's daughter attends this school and made an unexpected appearance at today's events. Take a look." The woman on the News said.

Videos of the fight appeared on the screen and they zoomed in on my pink suit flying through the air. I smiled when I saw myself levitate Loki's cane, but frowned again when I realized that all of my classmates would now know about my secret. Tony was still pissed that I took the suit without asking, but, surprisingly, allowed me to keep it with me from now on just in case I needed it.

"Whatcha watching?" He appeared in the living room with a bowl of popcorn. He sat next to me and placed the bowl between us.

I took some popcorn in my hand and popped it into my mouth, pointing at the screen.

"Ah," he said. "Cool, isn't it, that you're on TV?"

I shrugged. "Mm."

"Is something wrong?"

"No, it's cool. But now my class, and the school, will know about my powers." I explained.

He sighed. "Just tell them it was the suit."

"Your suit can't do that." I looked in his eyes.

He pressed his lips into a line and smiled sympathetically, looking back at the screen which was now showing photos of Tony and I hugging after the fight.

"Are they going to take me away?" I asked, not looking away from the screen.

I heard Tony's head turn when his hair slid against the back of the couch. "What?"

"Everyone knows now, that I can do what I do." I looked at my palms. "They'll take me away and study me, in a lab. A dark, cold, lab."

"Victoria, I would never let that happen." Tony sat up. I didn't answer. "Hey, just take Thor for example, and Loki. They're Gods, and nobody's taken them away yet, right?"

"I don't know."

"That was a rhetorical question, they haven't." Tony said. I grinned at my sarcasm. "I promise, nobody is going to take you away. You're safe here."

...

"Good morning." I heard as I entered the kitchen. I looked in the direction of the voice, it was Steve, sitting in the living room.

"You scared me," I laughed, holding my chest.

"Sorry." He smiled. "What're you doing up so early?"

"What are you doing in my house so early?"

"Touché. Your Dad asked us to be here early this morning."