29; Turbulence

"Ouch, ouch, ouch, ouch, ouch..." I said as Tony dragged Peter and I by our ears into the Avengers aircraft. I assumed they had an idea as to where Loki could be and that's why we were using it.

He let go and pushed us inside, where I looked up to see everyone already seated. The ramp retracted and the aircraft took off.

"Hey everyone..." I waved awkwardly. Peter copied my actions.

"You guys have a fun day?" Steve asked.

"We just wanted to have some fun together!" I argued.

"You shot down a shop sign, exploded a fire hydrant and caused a car crash." Steve listed.

"How'd you know about all that?" Peter asked this time.

Steve reached into his pants pocket and pulled out his cellphone, tapping a few things before holding it out for us to see. We approached him and I took the phone in my hands so we could see the screen better. A video played of Peter and I flying around town, of me shooting the sign down, me accidentally breaking the fire hydrant and making water shoot everywhere, and of Peter hitting the truck and causing the crash. Wow, people just can't keep anything secret, can they? Traders.

I nodded and raised my eyebrows. "Oh."

"What were you thinking?" Tony passed us, sitting on the seat next to Steve.

"We didn't mean to cause any trouble..." I explained. "I haven't been able to spend time with anyone my own age recently, I deserve to be a kid, don't I?"

"Yes, but that doesn't mean you two can leave without telling someone, and that definitely doesn't mean you can cause damage to public property!" Tony counted on his fingers. "Especially with everything going on, what if Loki had been out there?"

I looked at my feet, embarrassed. I didn't have to look at Peter to know he was doing the same.

"Sorry Mister Stark." Peter apologized.

"Yeah, sorry dad..."

Tony sighed. "That's alright. I don't mind you two being friends, in fact I'm thrilled that you are! But, just let me know before you go and destroy a few buildings or cars again."

Everyone laughed. Tony made me hand over my suit and I was sure he was going to keep me from using it for at least a couple days, but, surprisingly, I was wrong. We were all sitting around the aircraft, I still didn't really know where we were going, and Peter and I were playing Jenga. Tony and Bruce were standing at the big table filled with screens and buttons, when Tony turned and walked over to us.

"Here." I looked up and saw him holding out a familiar pink box.

"What— I thought you were taking it from me?" I excitedly took it.

"No, but I did make some adjustments."

He turned and walked back to Bruce. I scrunched my eyebrows together and looked at Peter who rolled his eyes, seemingly knowing what he meant. I didn't bother to ask because Peter went back to playing our game.

...

Another hour went by, and Peter and I had gone through every game we could think of. Jenna, Monopoly - which I won by the way -, Candy Land, Checkers, we even played leap frog and almost tipped over some 'very important' stuff from the table, according to Tony.

At the moment, I was laying across my seat and Peter was laying on the floor, and we were playing the last game we could come up with

"I spy something white." I groaned.

"Victoria, you've used that one five times, it's the clouds!" Peter yelled from the floor.

"That's all I can see!"

The ship suddenly shifted and some things onboard fell onto the floor. Peter and I both sat up.

"What was that?" I looked toward the table where Tony and everyone else were.

"I don't know..." Tony said slowly, looking around the room.

The aircraft dipped again, and this time we all had to hold onto something to balance ourselves. Tony pushed himself forward and started walking to the front of the aircraft, presumably to check on the person that was flying it. Peter went to stand up, but of course, we dipped again and he fell back. I stood quickly and caught him, we both fell to the ground but I broke his fall.

"Thanks, are you okay?"

"I'm fine."

We decided crawling over to where everyone was sitting would be easier than walking. The aircraft dipped back immensely and we began rolling towards everyone. Peters reflexes are better than mine, so he landed himself safely, Steve caught me and held me against his body to keep me from falling over again.

The door to the front of the aircraft opened again and a gust of wind attacked us. Tony could barely pull the door open and when he did it blew back quickly, he pushed forward and ran to us.

"What's going on?" I yelled over the wind.

"We have to get off, it's Loki. He found us first."

I gulped and felt myself begin to panic, but before I had the chance to, I was pulled to the back of the aircraft. Everyone was already suited up besides Tony and I, and Bruce of course. The ramp began lowering and it was then that I realized how close we now were to the ground. Thor walked to the edge of the ramp and stuck his hand out.

"Duck!" Peter yelled, pushing my head down. Thor's hammer flew over us and landed in his hand.

"Thor," Tony yelled, gaining his attention. "You don't have to do this alone!"

Thor had a hard expression on his face. He stuck his hammer out and it pulled him out of the aircraft. Tony shook his head frustratedly, and continued reaching across the table. He grabbed two bracelet-looking things and clipped them around his wrists, the red and gold metal began crawling up his arms and his Iron Man suit surrounded him. Just in time, I turned my head and saw the pink metal box sliding toward us. I held onto the side of the table and reached to catch it before it got away. Leaning it against the table, I pressed my foot firmly on it and my suit also began crawling up my leg and around the rest of my body.

Once we were close enough to the ground, Nat, Bruce, Steve, Clint and Peter all plunged off the ramp. Tony and I were the last ones to jump off, powering up our jets as we did so and flying to the ground where we all landed in the road. We were back in New York.