16; Get Out

Tony and I walked back into the room he was renting for the expo, and lots of the guests looked at us questioningly, obviously wondering what happened.

"Where is she?" Tony leaned down a little.

I scanned the room. "There," I pointed.

There she was, sitting in the same spot as before, except this time she had a clan of men around her. Not surprising.

"Excuse me." Tony said as we approached her, she looked up and smiled fakely. I narrowed my eyes.

"Oh, Mr. Stark!" She exclaimed. "What a pleasant surprise!"

"Wish I could say the same," Tony sneered. I held in a laugh. "Gentlemen, may I have a word?" The men left with no questions.

Tony eyed the spot next to the lady, and she quickly moved over. Tony sat down, turning his head in her direction. I could see her getting nervous. I scooted close to Tony's side.

"If you talk, touch, or even look at my daughter again, I will personally have you removed from my building, and we will never see you again." Tony said in a deep voice so no one else could overhear their conversation.

The woman swallowed. "This isn't your building..." she managed out.

Tony narrowed his eyes again. "I own every building."

The woman nodded.

"Do you understand?"

She nodded again. "Yes sir."

"Get out." I guess he changed his mind about letting her stay.

Either way, that was all Tony had to say before the woman got up and speeded out of the room, her heels clicking rapidly underneath her.

Tony was still sitting on the bench, and looked at me once the woman was out of sight. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he rubbed my back.

"It's alright, she's gone... shh...." he comforted me. I wasn't crying anymore though. "Do you wanna come sit with me?"

I nodded eagerly. He stood up and took my hand in his, leading me over to the bar where he was sitting previously. His friends were still standing there, sipping on their drinks and mingling amongst one another. They looked at us when we got closer and smiled when they noticed me.

"Well, if it isn't Iron Girl herself." One man said. I grinned, Tony sat me on top of the bar and sat on the stool next to me. The bartender handed me a glass of Coca-Cola and I thanked her.

"What's it like being famous?" The same man asked.

"It's fun. Who are you?" I changed the subject. They all laughed.

"Names' James. But you can call me Rhodey, that's what your dad calls me." He smiled at Tony.

"Nice to meet you Rhodey."

"Say, Tony, what happened over there?" Rhodey asked.

Tony let out an annoyed sigh. "That woman—"

"Did she sneak in?" Another man cut him off.

He shook his head. "No," he sipped his drink, the ice was melted now. "She's a reporter. She's at all of my conferences, does interviews, all that crap. She was asking Victoria all sorts of bullshit." He got angry, I knew because he tried not to curse in front of me often.

"Do you think it'll be in the news?" Rhodey asked.

Tony made a face. "I know it will be in the news. It just depends how much you told her." He looked at me as I sipped my drink.

"Not a lot..." I said. "Not enough for her to get anyone in trouble with... I hope."

"It's alright," Tony patted my leg. "I'll deal with it."

I hoped he wasn't mad at me for talking to the woman, I mean, that's one of the first things he ever told me; don't talk to strangers. And she was, in fact, a stranger. Rule #1=Broken.

"How are your hands?" Someone else broke into the conversation, catching me off guard.

"What?"

"Your hands, with the powers and stuff."

"Oh," I looked at my hands. "They're good, it's really cool."

"Care to give us a demonstration?"

I looked to Tony who nodded. "Okay," I smiled. I peered across the room to where a vase sat on top of a very fancy marble fireplace.

I stuck out my hand and focussed my attention on the vase which, soon enough, began levitating upward. People who were standing near the fireplace were startled and moved back. They looked to me and realized I was making the vase move, and began watching it.

I moved the vase all the way to the ceiling, then dropped it a little, making everyone gasp. They laughed when I caught it midair, and placed it gently on one of the centre tables. Everyone clapped and I lowered my hand to my lap again. Tony wrapped an arm around my shoulder and hugged me with a proud look on his face. That made me happy.

"She's amazing!" The guy talking to us exclaimed, still clapping his hands together.

...

Later that night, we headed out to the limo that was waiting out front for us. Happy and another big guy in a suit guided us through the crowd of people once again, the cameras blinding me as usual. Tony must have noticed me shielding my eyes because he removed his sunglasses and placed them on my face. I smiled up at him as the purple hue took over my vision. The voices of the crowd were muffled as Tony and I scooted into the vehicle and Happy closed the door.

On the drive home, I fell asleep with my head on Tony's shoulder. He stroked my hair with one hand and typed away on his cellphone with the other.