45; Make It Stop!

Nat and I walked back into the room and, now, Peter was here as well.

"Oh, hi Peter." I smiled, not expecting to see him there. He smile nervously.

Our awkward encounter gained suspicious looks from everyone around us as they froze in place and stopped whatever they were doing. I quickly tried to revert their attention to something else, and off of us.

"So —uh, how's the whole Thanos thing going?"

"...Fine..." Tony trailed off with his eyes narrowed, looking back and forth between Peter and I.

There was a moment of silence, and by the look on Peter's face I could tell he was struggling to keep the secret. I looked into his eyes and shook my head, but it was too late.

"Me and Victoria kissed!" He blurted out and then covered his mouth with his hands. Everyone's mouths dropped.

"You what?" Tony exclaimed, his face turning red.

"Peter," Bruce said, gaining Peter's attention but staring at Tony's fuming expression. "I hope you've had a good life, because it's about to end."

Tony stared at me and I could see his eye begin to twitch, I'd never seen him so angry.

"So, um, back to Thanos?" I squeaked.

"You kissed my daughter?" Tony approached Peter but was held back by Steve and Clint.

"Tony, Tony! Keep your cool!" Steve said.

"I knew it. I knew I shouldn't have let you two be alone together." Tony began pacing around with his fingers through his hair.

"Dad, it's not a big deal—"

"Not a big deal?" He yelled, making me jump. "You're twelve years old!"

"I'm not stupid! I can make my own decisions." I crossed my arms stubbornly.

"Victoria, he's just trying to look out for you." Steve said.

"I understand that but I think I can decide who I want to be friends with."

"Friends don't kiss, Victoria!" Tony said.

"Okay, so, I can decide who I want to kiss then!"

Peter had been standing awkwardly watching everything play out. "Mister Stark I—"

"Don't Mister Stark me!"

"Okay—"

"Oh my God the spider boy kissed my daughter."

"Spider-Man." Peter mumbled.

"Not the time." I glared at him.

"Sorry."

"Dad," I gained his attention. "I know I'm your daughter and I know I'm only twelve years old, but don't you trust me?"

Tony pressed his lips into a straight line and rubbed his hand over his face, then nodded his head. "I do."

I smiled. "So, you'll let me continue seeing Peter?"

He looked to Peter, who smiled like the nerd he was. I chuckled at his awkwardness. "Yes."

I threw my arms in the air and began dancing in a circle. "Woohoo!!" Then I skipped to Tony and wrapped my arms around him. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I kissed his cheeks continuously which made him laugh.

Once I'd finally let him go, he walked over to Peter who was still pale in the face.

"I trust you kid." He said and Peter nodded proudly.

"Thank you."

Tony grinned and patted Peter's shoulder.

...

"Where is Thanos anyway?" I asked from my chair.

"We don't know, but we do know where he's going." Steve said. "Titan."

I gave Tony a look. "It's a planet, in outer space." He explained.

"Wait, wait, wait, so you guys are going to outer space?"

"More than certainly. If he goes through with what he says he's going to do, we have to be the ones to stop him. If we don't..." Bruce trailed off. I swallowed nervously.

"Dad," he looked at me. "Are we gonna be okay?" My voice cracked and tears burned my eyes. I felt like such a baby, but I was terrified.

He sighed and gave me a sad smile, walking over to me and wrapping his arms tightly around me as I cried into his shoulder. "Sweetie, look at me." He said and I looked at him with red eyes, sniffling. "Nothing, and I mean nothing, is going to happen to you."

I thought for a moment. "Promise?" I stuck out my pinky.

He smirked and wrapped his pinky around mine. "Pinky promise."

For the next hour or so, everyone was discussing their plan with the whole Thanos situation. I was still pretty shaken up and couldn't control my tears, so Peter came over and sat behind me, wrapping his arms around my shoulders. I knew that this wasn't the only thing bothering me, and that there was so much on my mind that I'd finally just broken down.

So much had happened in the past couple of months. With the bullies and getting hurt and being in the hospital, Tony not showing up to my play, Peter getting hurt, Emily passing away, and now this monster of a guy could kill us. My body couldn't take it anymore, and that's why I was such a mess.

I started feeling a little light-headed and my chest began to feel heavy. My heart was pounding. I stood up.

"You okay? You look a bit pale." Peter asked.

I nodded, but I knew I was lying. "Yeah, I'm just gonna go for a walk." I wiped some more tears from my face.

"You're having a really hard time with this, do you want me to come?"

"No, that's okay. I kind of want to be alone. Thank you though." I gave him a small smile and he returned the favour, but looked concerned.

I turned and walked quickly out of the room, and I could feel Tony's eyes on me as I left. As soon as I made it into the hall and leaned back against the brick wall, trying anything to make myself feel grounded. I could hear my heart beat in my head and my breathing had picked up immensely.

'What the hell is going on?' I thought to myself, rubbing my hands over my face. 'Am I dying?'

I opened my eyes again and looked to a small table in the corner of the room with a flower pot on it. I felt like I couldn't catch my breath and my head was spinning. The pot on the table began wobbling back and forth and I narrowed my eyes in confusion until it finally burst and shattered onto the floor.

My eyes widened even more, though I was surprised that was even possible, and I tried to regain my calm, but that only caused more commotion. This time, the table fell over and I knew it was me causing it, but I didn't know how to stop. I lowered myself to the floor and placed my hands over my ears and closed my eyes tight. I peeked up once more to make sure nothing else was moving, but this only caused the doors on either side of the hallway to fly open and shut. I felt out of control in my own body, what was happening to me?

The immense panic got the best of me and, in desperation, I let out an ear-piercing scream. This caused the doors to slam, then open again, then slam, the windows all cracked and any furniture around me flew down the hall and crashed into the wall. It didn't take long for Tony to burst through the door, along with everyone following close behind him, though he retracted back into the room to guard himself from flying debris.

"Make it stop!" I yelled.

-

This last scene was very personal for me to write as I struggle with anxiety and panic attacks myself (though mine don't cause levitating objects). I think this is the most of myself I've incorporated into Victoria Stark and I hope you guys liked it, I promise I won't torture her much longer lol.