13; Dancing Elephants

Today was September 29th, and Tony had to go to New York for an "expo" or something. I didn't really know what that meant, but he asked if I wanted to come along and I said yes. I mean, getting out of school for a few days? Yes please.

"Come on Victoria, we're gonna miss the plane." Pepper yelled from the bottom of the stairs.

I finished stuffing a pair of socks into my overly packed suitcase and struggled to zip it closed. I wasn't sure how long we'd be gone for, so I packed as much clothes as I possibly could. I began dragging the suitcase down the stairs, and it made a thump as it went down each one.

"What on earth is that?" Pepper laughed, looking up from her phone.

"My bag!" I exclaimed, setting the suitcase upright.

"How much did you pack?"

"The essentials."

"So everything but the kitchen sink?"

I nodded. "Exactly."

Happy took my bag to the car, shooting me a look of horror when he lifted it, which only made me laugh more.

"Ready to go?" Tony appeared from the hall, fixing his sleeve.

"Yep!" I bounced up.

"I don't know if we can carry anymore weight, the car might scrape the ground." Happy walked back in front outside. I covered my mouth with my hand to hide my giggle.

"Why?" Tony asked. He's always so serious.

"Victoria packed everything she owns!" Happy pointed at me, a smirk creeping onto his face.

I bursted out laughing, and soon enough, Tony joined in too.

"She's definitely my daughter then

"She's definitely my daughter then." He said.

Happy shot him a glance, his eyes wide. "...why?"

"Because," Tony turned around and pulled an even bigger suitcase in from the hall. "This is my suitcase."

I sat down and laid back on the floor, allowing myself to lose control of my laughter.

"Why do you guys need— actually, let me correct myself; why do you guys think you need so much goddamn stuff?!" Happy asked, tugging Tony's suitcase to the front door.

"You never know!" Tony said, following him. I followed as well. "I might need an extra thirty-two pairs of underwear."

"Or ten stuffed animals!" I added. We were in the driveway now.

"You packed ten stuffed animals?" Tony looked down at me.

"No... that would be silly." He looked relieved. "I packed twelve..." I said more quietly.

"What was that?"

"Nothing!" I got into the car.

...