VIII

Elle's POV

After Gerard left I sat on my bed thinking. What was with the sudden change in approach about? I know Frank had told him to come and 'fix the situation' but it just seems so out of character for Gerard to be so... caring? towards me. But I don't mind it. It may have seemed unusual but the scene was so breathtaking. I'd watch it over and over again if I could.

My mellow mood faded as a worried Fronkie rushed into my room a few minutes after school let out. He looked at me for a second, trying to detect any injuries and what not.

"Are you okay?? What did Gerard do when he got here? Oh god I knew it was a bad idea to make him come over here. Elle, I'm so sorry if he did anything I told him to-"

"Frank! Calm down." I cut him off, "I'm fine. Gerard didn't hurt me or anything. He actually did make me feel better." 

Frank looked at me suspiciously, "What did he do?" He spoke cautiously. 

"He... showed me something. But it was really good! It was really... pretty." I smiled. Frank confusion seemed to grow and grow. 

"Elaborate. What did he show you?"

I described the scene to Frank, not leaving out a single detail. With each and every detail Frank seemed more and more perplexed. And I don't blame him. I may have only known Gee for a few days but this doesn't seem like something he would do at all.

"I would've thought he'd come over here with some lame-ass apology and told you to suck it up." Frank said slightly dazed, "You sure that was actually Gerard?"

"100%. He had the same egotistical attitude as him." I replied halfheartedly. Frank chuckled slightly.

"Now that does seem like Gerard." He nodded. I laughed as well. "Look Elle, I really don't want to leave you here, but I have to go out with my family. Are you gonna be okay tonight? I can cancel if not-"

"Frank, I'm seventeen. I think I can be trusted to be left alone." I rolled my eyes slightly.

"You know that's not what I meant." 

"I know, I know. I'll be fine Frankie. You go out with your parents. Give them a hug and a kiss from me." I smiled.

"Will do. If you wanna hang with someone I think Bob is free tonight." Frank stood up and pulled me into a hug.

"I think I'll shoot him a text or something." I replied. Frank nodded an 'alright' then walked out. Now I know some of you may be wondering 'Elle, where the fuck is your family?' and the answer to that would be this. I live with my stepmom. Long story short, my mother passed of cancer when I was fourteen. My dad remarried three years later to Victoria a.k.a the bitchiest person I have ever met. A few months after their marriage my father was killed in a car crash. I have no siblings, or aunts/uncles, cousins etc. Just me and Victoria, unfortunately. Victoria is usually out every night hooking up with different men and doesn't come home till early morning. Then she goes to her day job at I have no fucking clue. We don't get involved in each other's lives and I prefer it that way. 

Anyway now that you know my sob story of a background we can move onto the present. I decided to pick up my phone and shoot a text to 'Bobby Boy' as I have him in my contacts. 

Elle: Yo Bobby Boy.

Bobby Boy: What's up L?

Elle: Come over or something. I'm bored.

Bobby Boy: So does that mean you aren't terrified of me?

Elle: Slightly, but you're still the same Bobby Boy.

Bobby Boy: Glad to hear that, but I promise there's nothing to be scared about. I'll be over in a couple minutes. I'm finishing up eating rn.

Elle: Sounds good
Elle: Wait...
Elle: HOLY SHIT BOB DID YOU JUST KILL SOMEONE?

Bobby Boy: Calm down Elle. Just left overs.

Elle: BUT YOU STILL.... You know what, never mind. I don't wanna know

As Bob said, he came over about fifteen minutes later. Bob and I aren't as close as Frank and I are, as I've mentioned before. So Bob always texts me when he gets here before entering. So I went downstairs when I got the text and waited for him in the living room. 

"Heyo human." Bob greeted me. I rolled my eyes, but then I realized what he meant by that.

"I have so many fucking questions." I started. Bob nodded.

"As I expected. Fire away." He plopped onto the couch.

"How long have you been a vampire? Like what the actual fuck Bob?" 

"Let's see, I think around fourteenish years?" He responded while rubbing his chin.

"FOURTEEN YEARS? WHAT THE FUCK BOB? AND I NEVER KNEW?!" I yelled, not mad, just confused as hell.

"Yes Elle, fourteen years. Frank and I decided it's best that you didn't know because you have enough shit to worry about as it is." 

"So Frank knew? This entire time?" 

"Yes he did." Bob nodded, "When I moved here sophomore year Frank and I became friends. Him and I were friends for a little bit before he introduced me to you. He found out that I was a vampire before you and I met, and that's why he hesitated me being around you."

"So you've been seventeen for fourteen years?" I asked.

"I'm actually nineteen. So is Mikey. Gerard and Ray are twenty. But when I moved here at first I decided to try and fit in with others so I enrolled into you and Frank's grade." Bob continued to explain.

"Holy fucking shit Bob." I whispered. Bob for some reason found all of this amusing. "I'm so fucking stupid for never realizing this."

"No you aren't Elle." Bob scooted closer to comfort me, "We're just really good a lying. We've been doing it for years." 

"Did you also know I was psychic?" 

"Yeah. But Frank didn't want you to have to worry about other people knowing, so I played dumb the whole time." 

"You guys have just been trying to protect me?" I looked up at him. He nodded. 

"But then Gerard came around and fucked up our entire plan to keep you unknowing." 

"I can handle it, and I won't tell anyone. I promise." 

"I know you won't Elliebell." Bob smiled.