XIII

The next day started out the same as yesterday. I had pep in my step because of my dream. Another beautiful scene with someone that I just can't remember. I know for a fact that it wasn't Frank. It just didn't feel like him. I just don't know who else it'd be. 

I made my merry way over to Frank's who greeted me with a steamy cup of coffee. Together we made our way to the hell hole called school.

Gerard's POV

I was about to walk out of the house for school only to have my arm pulled back by Mikey. I looked over at my younger brother to see distress painted all over his face. 

"What is it Mikes?" I asked nudging his shoulder. He fished something out of his pocket and handed it to me. It seemed to be a Polaroid of Elle....sleeping? "Mikes, why do you have a picture of Elle asleep?"

"It was lying on the windowsill. Turn it over." He replied nervously. I did as told and almost scream at what I saw. I saw his  initials.

"How did this get here? How did he get this? I thought he was gone!" I shouted growing more angry by the second.

"I guess he never really left." Mikey shook his head. He was quiet once again for a moment before speaking up, "What does this mean Gerard?"

I contemplated telling him what happened on Friday in the woods. How he attacked her. I figured since hes now involved that he should know.

"He attacked Elle in the woods on Friday." I muttered.

"AND YOU DIDN'T TELL US HE WAS BACK!?" Mikey shouted at me. 

"THAT'S BECAUSE I FIGURED HE'D LEAVE AFTER HE FOUND OUT WE WERE HERE!" I retaliated. Mikey kicked a stool and sent it flying across the kitchen.

"Gerard, Elle could be in danger now. He's after her." Mikey warned. 

"I know." I quieted my voice. "Call Ray and Bob. Have them come over and tell them whats going on." I instructed while grabbing my keys.

"And where are you going?" 

"I need to keep and eye on her at all times now. I'm lucky he didn't kill her right then and there."

Elle's POV

I sat alone in history today. Neither Bob nor Ray where here which is strange. Maybe they're off doing some vampire stuff. I chuckled at the thought of it. After history which seemed to go on forever, I was off to science. I was really hoping at least Gerard would be here. If not then I was fucked until lunch. 

Walking into the science lab, I was relieved to see Gerard sitting in the same seat as yesterday. His head shot up to look at me as I reached my seat. His eyes drifted up and down me almost as if looking for something. When he found nothing he seemed to ease up a bit.

"How'd you sleep?" He asked as I pulled out my phone. 

"Pretty well actually. I had another dream." I replied. He shifted to look at me.

"Tell me about it."

I went on and on for maybe ten minutes about what I dreamed about last night. It's just something about finally feeling somewhat normal that got me going. The whole time I was telling Gerard about it, he just smiled and nodded. I don't know why he seemed so interested in it but I liked it. Once I finished up Gerard chuckled.

"Seems like you really like having these dreams." He pointed out. I nodded my head eagerly.

"You have no idea." I smiled. Gerard shook his head but still with a smile present on his lips. He scooted closer to me and grabbed my ears buds.