XXXI

Elle's POV

Rolling over in my bed, I expected to feel Gerard next to me. When I felt this absence I opened my eyes to confirm what I felt. Gee wasn't next to me. Did I fall asleep? I didn't think vampires needed to sleep. Maybe yesterday just exhausted me so much that I needed it.

I pulled my phone off the charger and checked my messages. There were two fro Frankie, one from Ray and one from Gerard.

Fro Fro: Do you know what's up with Gee? He seemed tense this morning.

Fronkie: Morning hun. Meet at mine for a hunt?
Fronkie: Ellleeee

Gee<3: Good morning beautiful. I left this morning for a meet up with an old friend. I should hopefully be home by tonight. See you soon gorgeous 🖤

This must've been a last minute thing because he would've told me about it. And what did Ray mean about Gee being tense?

Elle: How was he acting?

A few minutes later I got a text back

Fro Fro: He just seemed slightly pissed and in a rush. Did you guys get into a fight last night or this morning?

Elle: No, I just woke up. He texted me saying he was meeting up with an old friend today and that he'd be back later today.

Fro Fro: Huh, wonder who

I texted back Frankie next, but two words in he ran into my bedroom.

"Jesus Christ I thought you were dead." Frank breathed. I gave him a 'seriously' look. "What!? You weren't responding so I assumed the worst."

"I just woke up and had to figure out Gee related stuff." I explained. Frank raised an eyebrow at me.

"What do you mean by 'Gee related stuff'?" Frankie questioned.

"Ray texted me and said that he seemed really tense and pissed and in a rush this morning. He thought that maybe we got into a fight but we didn't. Gee texted me saying that he went out to meet an old friend today. Not sure what's going on at the moment." I ran a hand through my hair to push it out of the way. Frank seemed every so slightly worried.

"I-I'm sure he's fine. Probably just going back to where he, Mikey and Ray were before coming here. Don't worry about him." Frank said in a rush. I looked at him skeptically.

"Frank, are you okay? You sound like you know something."

"Nope nothing. Let's go eat." Frank grabbed my hand and pulled me out of my room.

Gerard's POV

I pulled into the gas station that Frank told me Derek worked at. I wasn't going to kill him here, but observe him. Get a general idea of what I'm up against. And when he leaves, I'll follow him home and leave my car here. When we arrive at his place, then I'll kill him. 

I waited in the parking lot and looked up employee hours. First shift is from five am to three pm. Then the next shift if from Three to midnight. If I'm lucky, he'll be here for night shift. It's not that much fun killing someone in the middle of the day. 

Elle will fucking kill me when she finds out. But I have a good reason for it. He hurt her and scarred her. To hell if you think that I won't make him pay. 

I got out of my car and walked inside. Behind the counter sat an old lady with the name tag 'Betty'. There was another person in the aisle that seemed to work here. Getting closer to him I realized that this isn't Derek. Looks like he isn't working this morning, so that makes my chances of him being here tonight better. 

In the mean time I'll have to go somewhere else since I told Elle that I'd be with a friend all day. Do I feel bad about lying to her? Of course I do. Do I feel bad about the reason? Not one bit. It's about twelve now so I have two hours till then, but have to wait around nine to follow him home. Today's gonna be a long day.