Noriaki Kakyoin (Cherry) x Fem Reader (The Painting)

* Requested by @unhkown*
So this one shot has quite a few cherry references in it lol. It takes place in an AU where Kakyoin is a painter and you both live together.

It was a Sunday morning, the start of a brand new week. You were just waking up to the sound of dishes being washed in the kitchen. Although it was probably time for you to get out of bed, the sheets felt so soft and silky on your bare skin. Your mind drifted to the night before. Sweet passion and desire, it made your stomach knot thinking about it. That sweet cherry scent filled your nostrils as you turned to the right where the man you loved once laid.

You drew your pointer finger back and forth on the mostly faded imprint he left on the mattress.

"Noriaki..." You whispered to yourself.

You heard footsteps outside of the bedroom. They passed by the door a couple of times and then the sound of another door opened and shut right after. He was probably heading to the studio.

Kakyoin was an artist, a painter to be exact, and he was a very good one at that. He struggled in the beginning with trying to get his work out there, but with your support he never gave up. The two of you lived in a studio apartment that was big enough for at least four people, you both lived quite comfortably.

You finally got out of bed and went to throw some clothes on. Every morning you'd get up and look at Kakyoin's work that was plastered all over the wall. He drew pictures of fruit a lot, specifically cherries. That was his "foundation fruit" he would call it. Every time he wanted to sketch or just felt like doodling he'd always draw them in different manners, cartoons, realism, anything really. He loved what he did, and you couldn't be more happy to support him in every way you could.

As you prepared breakfast for yourself your mind couldn't help but wander to what he said the previous day. He talked about how the famous art museum nearby wanted to feature some of his work. He wanted this to be his absolute best piece so he'd be visiting the studio more frequently to get some work done. You were totally fine with that, but you knew you'd be quite lonely for a bit.

Later in the day you ran a few errands and bought some dinner for yourself. You decided to give Kakyoin a call since you missed him.

"Hello?"

"Hello darling," You said.

Kakyoin breathed a sigh of relief when he heard your voice.

"How are you?" He asked.

"I'm fine, I'm making some dinner, do you want me to get you something and stop by?"

"No, I have some takeout, I'll probably be spending the night here... I hope you don't mind."

"It's fine, how is the piece coming along?"

"I've been drawing and starting over constantly, I'm having trouble getting an idea." He said defeated.

"Well don't give up, I'm sure it'll come to you. You still have the whole week to figure something out!" You said trying to sound positive.

Although you couldn't see him, you could tell he was smiling on the other end.

"Of course, I'm going to try and approach this at a different angle and see where it takes me..."