Diego Brando x Reader x Johnny Joestar (The Crash)

* Requested by: @PrincessScotia *
Creds to artist: (unknown) (found on knowyourmeme.com). A/U where you and Johnny are best friends and Diego is your bf. Here's one more oneshot before I head home enjoy y'all!

After the accident Johnny was left paralyzed from the waist down, while you suffered a short coma and some bruising here and there. You and Johnny had gone to the movies to see a movie that the two of you had been dying to see for awhile.

Upon leaving the movie it was late at night, Johnny blasted the radio like he normally did and you sang along and danced from the passenger seat. Just two average young adults having a good time late in the evening on a Saturday night. The both of you were completely sober, Johnny knew he had to drive and you didn't feel like drinking during a movie.

He was taking a turn in the direction of your home when a car on the opposite side of the road hit his car head on. The driver was a drunk middle-aged man who had just gotten a divorce from his wife. He was losing everything he ever loved and felt like his life was in shambles. He didn't care what happened to him anymore, he didn't care about anything...

The impact killed him instantly, but left you and Johnny unconscious. Johnny was the first to wake up, he panicked, he was unsure of what happened at first and kept asking the nurses and doctors where you were. Lucky you weren't too far, you just in the room adjacent from his. He wanted to get out of bed and see you but he realized something, his legs wouldn't move. He panicked once more when he tried to make his brain send signals to the nerves in his legs but it just wasn't happening. Johnny's doctor saw him struggling and broke the news to him. Johnny's life would forever change...

Johnny was bound to his hospital bed, all he thought of was you and if you were alright. He consistently asked for updates on your condition but all they could tell him was that you were still unconscious. Your family came to check on you consistently and Johnny's family did too. Both sides didn't blame Johnny for what happened except for one person in particular, your boyfriend Diego.

First off, Diego hated Johnny, and Johnny hated Diego. They never saw eye-to-eye on anything and Diego always picked on Johnny whenever he had a chance. Not to mention you were an even bigger factor that drove a wedge further between the two of them.

You and Johnny had been best friends for quite awhile and a lot of the times you took Johnny's advice over anyone else's, except for when it came to dating people. Johnny always said "Nah I don't think they're good enough," or "Why don't you just stay single, it's fun?"

Deep down Johnny had always been totally head over heals in love with you since day one. He wanted to tell you how he felt but he was beyond nervous. He treasured the friendship the two of you shared but was super anxious about losing all of that just because he wanted to admit his feelings. Plus you were dating Diego now and he couldn't do much about that.

To you, Diego was gorgeous, he was everything you could've ever wanted and more. You loved how he was an intelligent person and how he cared deeply about you. Diego was just someone you and Johnny went to high school with. He was pretty popular with a lot of the students, everyone seemed to like him.

He had everyone in the palm of his hand except for you. You never really spoke to him, you knew him, but you were always too distracted with something to even attempt to interact with him. He knew you were really close to Johnny, and he knew wouldn't even get the chance to get near you with him being consistently around you twenty-four seven. Diego almost had a feeling that Johnny knew he was zeroing in on you, and he refused to let him even get the chance.

But, Johnny couldn't always protect you from Diego's gaze, because Diego found an opening and took it...

Back around your senior year of high school. It came time to take final exams. Diego happened to be in one of the same classes as you finally, and he had been preparing the whole semester to finally make his move. He made sure to whip through his final exam and wait patiently for you to finish yours. Once you handed it in, you proceeded to head out the door, Diego immediately handed his in and chased after you calling out your name. That was his moment. From that day forward, the two of you had been inseparable...