Funny Valentine x Reader (Just a Secretary)

* Requested by: @Theresa_reen *

"Uh—Uh, Mr. Valentine, sir!"

He walked down the hall within his appointed home. He was a busy man, and didn't have much time to stop at chat. You followed closely behind him.

As the president of the United States, Funny Valentine felt content with having the power to run the country. His whole life he felt it was necessary to be on top and be the best there ever was. Valentine's main priority was ensuring that the US was by far the best country in the world. He had aspirations to make it stronger and richer than any other, and a lot of people seemed to follow what he viewed...

"Mr. Valentine I—"

"Must you always be so incessant with asking questions?!" He angrily shouted.

You cowered a bit behind him.

"S-Sorry sir... It's just I had a question about this new bill that congress might pass... And well I think that maybe we should—"

Valentine stopped walking causing you to bump into his broad back. 

"What is your position again?" He asked without turning around.

"I-I... I'm just—well, I'm just your secretary sir..."

"See I also thought that as well, maybe you should focus on just that," He sternly replied.

You sighed, "Right..."

Valentine continued walking again, he opened the double doors to his office and slammed them shut behind him.

"Shit..." You muttered to yourself.

You readjusted your shirt collar and held your clipboard close to your chest. Sometimes you wondered why he even hired you. The president never really gave you an approval on anything, you figured that he had to at least notice how hard you worked for him on a daily basis, but he never really seemed to praise you for it. You were dying for a promotion, and you felt it was well deserved. You wanted to work your way up in Congress and either be apart of the House of Representatives or even the Senate. You hadn't fully decided yet, but either were an aspiration you had. You felt that you always tried to put yourself in situations outside of your comfort zone just so he'd notice your potential, but it was to no avail.

You turned on your heel and headed back in the direction you came. You frowned and kept your gaze locked on your feet as you continued down the hall. Without realizing it you happened to walk into someone.

"Ah! I-I'm sorry!" You shouted.

When you looked up you noticed Mr. Valentine's wife, Scarlet was on the floor before you.

"What the hell?!" She screeched.

"M-M-Madam president! I'm so sorry!"

You quickly helped her to her feet.

"Oh (Y/N)," She smiled happily when she realized it was you, "I didn't expect to run into you here, what were you up to?"

"Oh well you know... Just following Mr. Valentine and still gunning for that promotion, the usual..."

She shook her head, "That's a real shame, I wonder why he hasn't considered giving it to you yet..."