Percival Graves

For three years I have worked for the ministry and for three years I have secretly been seeing my boss. Our relationship started after I spilled coffee on him and tried to clean it up and he kissed me. Since then we have been sneaking around closed doors.

"Morning sir." I said as I brought him his coffee.

"Morning, how did you sleep last night?" He asked with a smirk.

"Good for the amount of sleep we got." I whispered.

He smiled as he took a drink of his coffee and I started to file his paperwork. My desk was in his office and I spent most of the day filing and labeling his paperwork.

"Don't forget you have a meeting at 6 with Madam President." I said softly.

"About what?" He asked as he looked through his notes.

"Grindelwald, she wants to know how far you have got."

"Great." He said with a groan.

He leaned back and I smiled as I stood up and rubbed his shoulders. He let out a sigh of relief and I smiled as I kissed his cheek.

"Don't worry, you will get him." I said softly.

"I won't get him if you keep doing that." He said softly.

I stopped and he let out a whine.

"You told me to stop." I said with a smile.

"I was joking." He said softly.

I laughed as I moved my hands back to his shoulder and started to rub. I stopped when I heard a knock and I moved to my desk and started working.

"Come in!" Percival ordered.

The door opened and Abernathy walked in.

"Um.... Mister Graves.... Madam President wishes go speak to you." He said softly.

"Of course. (L/n) finish up and then you can leave early." Percival said as he stood up.

"Thank you sir." I said softly.

He left and I let out a sigh as I leaned back in my chair and looked through the files.

"Um.... (F/n)..... would you like to go and have dinner with me?" He asked softly.

"Um..... well..." I bit my lip as I thought about it.

Me and Percival are just a fling so..... maybe I should try to find something serious.

"I'd love to." I said with a smile.

He sent me a smile and then gave me a time. I finished up and then left for home. I looked around my clothes and found a plain (f/c) dress. I slipped it on and put my hair in a braid. I slipped on matching shoes and smiled as I heard a knock on my door. I opened the door to see Percival and I frowned as he sent me a glare.

"So when did you lower your expectations?" He asked angrily.

"Excuse me?" I asked shocked.

"Abernathy? Really your going out with him?" He asked angrily.

"Yes because I want something more than a hook up!" I yelled angrily.

"Good luck." He said as he turned and walked away.

"You can go to hell!" I yelled angrily.

I went out with him that night and when I got home I felt this pain in my chest. I shook my head and forced it away. The next morning my desk was no longer in Percival's office and he no longer talked to me. A month past before we learned that Percival had been kidnapped and Grindelwald took his face.

"Oh my god.... how didn't I know?" I asked as I paced back and forth.

"You can't blame yourself sweetheart." Queenie said softly.

"I should of known! Oh my god.... that night I had this horrible feeling and... and it was because he was hurt. Oh Queenie what if I never see him again and what if he dies thinking I hate him?" I asked through tears.

She pulled me into a hug and I cried as I hugged her tightly. It wasn't long before he was found and I kept my distance from his hospital room, but it was driving me insane.

"You should go see him." A voice said softly.

I looked up to see Madam President and looked at her shocked.

"I... I don't know what you are talking about." I said quickly.

"Percival..... you should go see him." She said softly.

"I'm sure he doesn't want to see me." I said sadly.

"You know he could never hide his feelings for you..... I could tell because when you weren't looking he would have this look of love and pride in his eyes." She said softly.

I looked at my hands and she smiled softly.

"Every time someone walks into the room he looks at the door and when he sees the person his smile disappears..... he is waiting for you to walk through that door." She said as she turned and walked away.

I watched her leave and I bit my lip as I walked towards him room. I made it to the door and held my breath as I knocked on the door and waited for a reply.

"Come in." His deep voice said.

I walked in and saw him on his bed. He was looking out the window and walked held back tears as I saw the bandages on his arms and chest. I walked towards him and heard him let out a sigh.

"I'm fine..... I don't need my bandages changed." He said not looking at me.

"I didn't come to change your bandages." I said in a shaky voice.

His head quickly turned and looked at me. I felt tears stream down my face. He looked at me sadly and I walked closer to him. I moved my hand to his face and gently touched him. He leaned into it before he pulled me into an embrace.

"I'm so sorry." I said through tears.

He held me tightly as I cried in his embrace.

"I should of known. If.... if I just would of known."

"It isn't your fault..... it's mine." He whispered.

I looked at him confused and he let out a sigh.

"I was so scared of having a life with you that..... that I pushed you away and in doing so.... got kidnapped..... I should never of walked away.... I should of fought for you." He said softly.

"I love you." I whispered.

He sent me a smile as he pulled me into a gentle kiss. I wrapped my arm around his neck and kissed him.