Newt

"Okay so what did the Niffler even steal?" I asked as I looked through cabinets.

"Something important, just keep looking." Newt said softly.

This morning I had woke up to Newt shaking me awake and asking me to help him find his Niffler, the little bugger had escaped his cage and took off with something that for some reason Newt had to have today. After having been friends with Newt since Hogwarts, I have grown use to this.

"Where could he be?" I asked with a groan.

"I think I know." He said as he sprinted through the house.

I chased after him and saw him go into my closet. He pulled out a box an opened it to see the Niffler going through my jewelry. He picked him up and shook him to get everything out. I watched him closely and saw him put the Niffler down and pick up a ring.

"There it is." He said softly.

"There is what? What is so important about that ring?" I asked softly.

"Well.... you see.... this was... well this was my aunt's ring... she never had any children so she gave it to me and made me promise to.... well use it when I found the right partner." He said with a blush.

"Oh.... so I guess you are proposing to Tina." I said softly.

"Actually.... we broke up."

"Why? What happen?" I asked shocked.

It was hard to keep the smile hidden and I nearly burst out into joy when he told me they broke up, truthfully I have been in love with Newt since our third year.

"She thought I was in love with someone else... and she was right." He said as he stood up.

"Oh.... so whose the lucky girl?" I asked softly.

"Goodbye joy, hopefully I'll see you again." I thought sadly.

"Well I've known her since Hogwarts..... we met when she almost caught me on fire." He said with a smile.

"Who almost caught him on fire? Whoever it is I want to catch on fire." I thought angrily.

"Who is she?" I asked softly.

"And then I knew I loved her when she punched my brother in the face for saying I would never amount to anything."

"Someone else punched Theseus in the face- wait a second..... I would of known if someone else punched him.... Theseus would never let it go." I thought.

Newt let out a laugh and sent me a smile.

"I'm talking about you." He said as he took my hands.

"Me? Your talking about... me?" I asked shocked.

"Yes I'm talking about you." He said with a smile.

"But...... me?"

"Yes you.... I realized that I've been in love with you since we met, but I was always to scared." He said softly.

"Wait, So you... you are wanting to propose to..."

"To you... so what do you say... will you marry me?" He asked with a smile.

I felt a smile appear on my face and I felt myself jump up and down. I heard him laugh as I stopped and looked at him.

"Sorry... um... yes... I'd love to marry you." I said as I tried to hold my smile in.

"Good, because I'd love to marry you too." He said as he leaned down and kissed me.

I smiled against his lips and gently kissed him back. He pulled away and I felt him slip the ring on my finger. He pulled me into a hug and I smiled as I hugged him back.

"I love you (Y/n)." He whispered.

"I love you too Newt."