James

40. "We are not friends!"

49. "Stop being so attractive!"

"We are not friends!" I yelled as I glared at James.

He looked at me shocked as I felt tears stream down my face. I quickly pushed past him and ran out of the common room. I made it to a secret hideout I had found and leaned against the wall.

Since I had met James Potter I have had feelings for him, but sadly all he saw me as was a friend. I had thought I could get over my feelings, but I already knew that would never happen. James was to kind and cute, and it made it nearly impossible for me not to love him, but he loves Lily Evans.

I heard door steps and crouched deeper into my hole. When I saw my best friend Sirius climb in I scooted over to let him sit beside me.

"Okay, what happen with you and James? He just came to our room and said you hated him."

"I do." I said with a frown.

"Spill." He said softly.

I looked up at him and explained what had happen earlier.

I was sitting beside James on the couch doing our project whenever Lily came up to us and set down.

"James could you do his for me?" She asked as she handed her homework to him.

"Sure thing Lily flower." James said happily.

I rolled my eyes and watched as she left the common room.

"You know she is just using you right?" I asked calmly.

"What no she isn't?" He said with a frown.

"James she only talks to you when she wants something, she doesn't like you."

"You're jealous." James said with a laugh.

"What? No I'm not! I'm trying to help you!"

"No you're jealous that I have someone and you never will because you're a loner!"

"Stop being a dick!" I yelled.

"Stop being a outcast." He said with a smile.

I knew that James was only trying to mess with me but I felt anger boil inside of me as he was seeing this as a joke. I shouldn't of said anything else but I was so angry and hurt that I said what I was thinking.

"Stop being so attractive!" I yelled.

James looked at me shocked and I covered my mouth. His look of shock disappeared and he quickly sent me a smile.

"So I'm attractive? Friends aren't suppose to say that about other friends, (Y/n)." He said with a laugh.

"We are not friends!" I yelled.

After I finished explaining everything Sirius let out a sigh.

"James is a idiot, how has he not realized you love him?" Sirius asked as he shook his head.

"I know James was only trying to mess with me and get me to stop talking about Lily, but.... I couldn't." I said softly.

"He really does need to get over her, hopefully Remus can show him that Lily is using him."

"What do you mean Remus can show him?" I asked with a frown.

"Lily is dating Severus.... everyone but James knows. Remus is taking him now to show him."

My heart stopped and I quickly stood up and rushed to stop Remus. When I saw Remus leading James towards Lily and Severus, who were snogging. I quickly grabbed James' hand and stopped him.

"Don't!" I exclaimed.

"Don't what? Remus and I are getting a book for the transfiguration homework." James said calmly.

"No you aren't, I need you're help with something... um with...."

"I thought we weren't friends?" James asked as he glared at me.

"We are and I was just pissed, but you do not want to go that way.... please." I begged.

James pulled his hand away and stomped towards Lily and Severus. Upon seeing James they pulled apart and I felt my heart shatter as he looked at them. Instead of saying anything he walked past them and into the library. He soon walked back out and towards our common room. Lily waved to him and he kept walking.

"James did you get my paper done?" Lily asked calmly.

I felt anger boil up inside of me as I turned and glared at her.

"Seriously? Are you heartless?" I yelled as I glared at her.

Remus quickly grabbed me and dragged me away before I could do anything else.

"Let go of me I'm gonna Kill her." I growled out.

"Calm down, lets go check on James." He said softly.

We made it to the common room and I saw Names working on our project. I set beside him and let out a sigh.

"James-"

"I already knew." He said calmly.

"What?" I asked shocked.

"I've known for awhile, just.... I was trying to get over it." He said softly.

"Why do her work then?"

"Because I thought I could change her mind."

"James, Lily is a horrible person, and you deserve better... so much better." I said softly.

"Well the only other person I want doesn't like me the same way, I like her." He said softly.

"She must be a idiot." I said softly.

"No, she's my best friend."

"I didn't know you loved Sirius." I said as I tried to hold back a smile.

James shook his head and let out a laugh.

"Sirius is my annoying brother, you are my best friend, though I wish you were more."

"Super best friend!" I gasped out.

He let out a laugh and I smiled as he held his side.

"Oh no, you want me to be your sis-"

I was cut off by him pressing his lips against mine. I smiled against his lips and pulled him closer.

"Oh you meant girlfriend, Yea I guess I can do that." I said with a smile.

He let out a laugh and shook his head as he pulled me into another kiss.