Chapter 1

"Ava!" My sister's obnoxious voice yelled for my attention.

I rolled over from my place on the bed, sending her a glare as I watched her enter my room. She usually understood the concept of me disliking her and appreciating her lack of presence but for some reason, today, it hadn't gotten through her thick skull.

This is what we Hayes girls do. We fight, and we argue but at the end of the day. . .She's still adopted.

"What do you want?" I replied, agitation lacing my tone. Melanie just dramatically rolled her eyes before plopping down on my bed next to me.

"I have something I want to show you." She explained, pulling out her phone.

I covered my face and groaned in annoyance, praying for her to just disappear. It was days like these that make me wish Hagrid showed up at my door to announce my wizarding genes and take me off to a far away land, away from bothersome little sisters.

 Maybe then I could profess my undying love to Fred and save him from his fate...

"It's really cool I swear." She promised, attempting to shove the screen of her phone into my face.

"Your definition of cool and mine are two very different things." I said, uninterested.

She continued to beg, poking me in the side over and over.

"Avalon please?" She begged, dragging out the words.

Although people will tell you the complete opposite, I am very gullible and I know my children will use it to my advantage one day. I eventually gave in after a good five minutes of arguing with my sister, and turned my attention to the screen. The scene revealed what seemed to be a concert, people gathered around the stage but I couldn't hear a thing.

"Okay and...?" I asked, looking back at my sister with a bored expression. I don't know what's so cool about watching a concert with no sound. Other than that, the camera quality isn't even that good. Melanie stuck her tongue at me before rolling her eyes and turning up the sound. 

Loud screams filled the room, people shouting a name I couldn't make out and I partially blamed it to being deaf in one ear. The stage was empty other than a man that sat before a piano playing a lovely tune. He had red hair and a smile that brought one to my face.

He began to sing as his fingers moved against the piano with perfect precision.

My jaw dropped.

"Just wait until Billie comes on stage," Melanie muttered proudly, eyes locked on the screen.

A few minutes passed and the redhead's beautiful song had finally ended.

And if I thought the screaming earlier was bad...

I had expected 'Billy' to be some lanky boy with insane screamo vocals but- boy, was I was horribly mistaken. The second the girl had stepped on stage, the crowd erupted like a volcano.

One of the first things I noticed was that she has bright blue hair and striking blue eyes. I also found her baggy clothing kind of odd but I'm not usually one to judge seeing as people have constantly pointed out my poor fashion sense. She waltzed up to the center of the stage and waved cutely.

"Hello." She greeted.

She got even closer to the fans, and a bunch of hands reached up to attempt to touch the star. She just smiled at them and bounced around a few times. Something about her stage presence interested me. She was so light on her feet, her sweet smile welcoming and I found myself giggling as I watched her dance around like a toddler.

I barely had enough time to enjoy her entrance however due to Melanie skipping about halfway into the recording. The girl was now sitting on a stool beside the redhead, microphone in hand as she sang a song I recognized.

"I've been watching you for some time."

Wait, she wrote that!?

I hear that on the radio occasionally. I even considered doing a cover on the song but I just haven't found enough spare time.

Once I got over the obvious embarrassment I allowed myself to truly enjoy the song and it took me a few seconds to realize I was crying. Music these days was almost impossible to relate to.

The intimate moment didn't last too long when I was interrupted by a horrific noise.

Laughter.

The laughter that - frankly, sounded like an angry raccoon on crack.

I looked beside me to see my younger sister doubling over, clutching her chest as she guffawed.

"Oh my - you're crying . . . You actually cried? Damn, I thought I was the baby." Melanie wheezed. I scowled at her, grabbing the closest pillow I could find and chucked it at her face.

"Ow, Ava!" She complained, clutching her nose after I had gotten the perfect shot.

"Get out of my room," I ordered, shoving my pointer finger at the door.

"Bitch." She muttered, rolling her eyes and exiting with a huff.

As soon as she blessed me with her exit and slammed the door behind her, I was filled with even more curiosity as to what kind of person this girl - Billie was so I did the only thing a sane, put-together person would do.

I googled her.

And if that wasn't crazy enough, I spent the entire night listening to her songs on replay.

I was addicted.

-------------------------------------

I peeled my eyes open, adjusting to the invasive sunlight that threatened to blind me, and checked my notifications.

156 new messages.

The hell?

It's nearly two in the morning.

I opened my messages app only to find every single one from the same place.

The group chat.

I scrolled down the random ramblings of my overenthusiastic friends, attempting to get the gist of where the conversation had left off. It seemed to be some kind of nonsense about them calling each other potatoes or something. As much as I would have loved to get in on that drama, my eyes still hadn't adapted to the lighting so I shut my phone off and closed my eyes once more.

An idea popped into my head, waking me up once more with a sigh. I reluctantly hopped out of bed and ran to pick up my guitar, tuning it for a second before practicing a sequence.

Once I got it down, I pulled out my phone and pressed record.

I smiled and waved at the camera before beginning the cover.

"Sittin' all alone."