Chapter 49

"Okay ummm.. Favorite color?" Sam asked.

We were finally on the date I agreed to go on just so I could silence Sam's pleas. It was actually going surprisingly well.

"Yellow." I responded with a light laugh, taking a sip of my soda.

"And why is that your favorite?"

He stared at me intently, looking through my eyes as I answered.

"Yellow is usually associated with the positive connotation. Things such as the sun, sunflowers, and daffodils; happy things. But it also has a different siide to it. The negatives. Things people associate as negatives would be yellow jackets, lemon sharks, heck, the color even stands for danger. I like it because it is the perfect balance between bad and good. It means that although something may be bright, pretty, and empowering, it can also be dangerous."

This was true.

I was even wearing a soft yellow pair of jeggings at this very moment. I felt as if I could do anything with them.

"You seem to be in love with the color by the way your eyes sparkled." Sam marveled.

I looked at him weirdly.

"Your eyes. They sparkle when you see or talk about something you like. I know because you used to look at me like that." He answered slowly.

He's right.

I did look at him like that.

I was completely in love with him. There was nothing I wouldn't do for him.

My entire heart literally belonged to him.

But he had misused it.

He abused the power he had over me and ultimately lost me.

The mood suddenly turned sour, the both of us shifting in discomfort.

I cleared my throat.

"How is Ben?"

Ben was Sam's six year old brother. He was the cutest, and sweetest little charmer out there. I seemed to be one of his favorites and everytime I would have to leave, he would cling to my leg and cry.

"He's great. How is Mel?"

I sighed.

I had gone to visit her once I returned and she didn't seem good. She was quite unresponsive and just sat in her wheelchair, gazing out the door.

My heart breaks for my sister. She is the strongest person I know and to see her in so much pain hurts.

"She's hanging in there..." I replied quietly.

Sam placed his hand on mine.

He gave me an apologetic look before asking another question.

"Favorite singer?"

And every positive thought about this date flew out the door.

I knew who my favorite singer was. Unfortunately, it happened to be the same person who broke my heart.

I shut my eyes real tight, trying to push her out of my mind.

Flashback

I felt a kiss trail down my neck and I sighed.

"Bil stop" I giggled.

My neck was extremely sensitive so anything that touched it, made me shiver.

She hummed in response, sending a rumble down my spine and earning another sigh from me.

"Babe I'm serious." I said sternly but she continued anyway.

She wrapped her arms around my torso and hugged my back closer to her chest.

Finally, I was able to compose myself and flipped her over so she was facing me.

I looked her dead in the eyes and leaned in to kiss her.

Out lips met in a fiery kiss, our mouths syncing together like two pieces to a puzzle. She completed me.

It wasn't sweet and innocent like usual and it wasn't lust filled either. Just two passionate people who were in love, expressing their feelings to eachother.

With our mouths.

She pulled me flush against her, causing me to blush. She laughed and kissed my red hot cheeks before her ocean eyes met mine.

"I love you." She said, voice just above a whisper.

"I love you more." I giggled.

End of Flashback

"Don't have one." I gritted out, attempting to hold back my tears.

He looked at me weirdly, knowing full well something was up but didn't ask about which I was grateful for.

Ring ring.

Saved by the bell!

I grabbed my phone from my bag and checked the ID before answering.

"Hi!" I chirped.

"I have someone I want you to meet."

-------------------------

A/N

20K!?!?!?!!

What the fuck dude... You guys are so whack.

Thank you so much for reading, and commenting, and being so damn amazing all the time OH MY GODDDD.

I cannot believe this.

So in celebration of this spectacular milestone, I am doing a Q&A.

Ask questions here:

Please ask stuff because I'm bored ahaahhaha.

LOVE YOU SOOO MUCH <3