Chapter 69

I watched as Finneas closed the door behind his sister, nervously fiddling with his fingers.

"Okay Avalon. You have to promise - no swear on your life you will not repeat a word I tell you." Finneas said hesitantly.

I was extremely confused. What the hell is he talking about..

"Please." He pleaded, his eyes harvesting feelings of pain, regret and guilt.

"Okay - yeah I uh - I promise." I repeated, eyeing him warily.

He visibly relaxed by my statement, no longer messing around.

"Whatever is coming I swear I have absolutely nothing to do with it."

Whatever is coming... What's coming? I know I am slow almost all the time but this must be a valid reason to be so lost.

Right?

"It's just she treatened Cici and then Bil and - then..." He choked.

"Even my mom." It came out as a mere whisper but I picked it up nonetheless.

Who threatened them?

Why I am gonna rip whoever has intentions of hurting poor Maggie to shreds. She didn't do shit.

"Get to the point Fin. What exactly is going on?" I asked, stress now evident in my tone.

I tried to sit up but winced as the flames crawled up my chest, forcing me back into a lying position. Raising my gaze up to Fin, I saw him shake his head at me as to scold me for trying to move.

Stupid pain.

"I can't quite tell you yet. Just know that I was sent here to kiss you." He informed me, shocking me to the extent where my mouth shut, refusing to form a sentence.

It was if my mind froze as well, stuck in a limbo of an undecided thought. How was I supposed to take it? My ex's brother trying to get with me. Weird. But the fact that he didn't seem as if it was of his own will, weirder.

"K-kiss me?" I stuttered.

He rolled his eyes at me.

"I have a girlfriend. And no offense but you aren't my type."

I don't get the whole saying 'no offense' you end up being offended in the end. I'm not gonna lie, hearing that I'm not attractive to him in any way is deflating my self confidence.

If I had any.

"But I have to. Because we need to get Billie to stay away from you." He rushed out.

What!?

I swear, things are getting closer to looking up and another damn bomb is thrown.

It's like an author.. Who is now realizing their mistake of the constant drama and is attempting to make up for it. It only then turns into a massive clump of drama and nothing good even happens.

That's whats happening.

I am a character in a book and the author is running out of ideas.

"I-I can't do that to her." I stood my ground.

No matter how much trust I had in Finneas, I was NOT going to butcher my relationship for some random story of his.

"Avalon you truly don't understand this. There are some people that don't necessarily agree with your relationship with Bil. It's best you guys keep your distance."

Who is he to tell me who I can and can't interact with?

"Fin just tell me the damn truth. Why!?" I asked, my fury peaking.

"I can't. If I do, they will come after her."

No matter how much I felt compelled to comply, I knew I couldn't. Breaking someone's heart is one of the most shameful acts.

Grasping someone's entire heart along with their love and tainting it. The bright yellow dimming until it is only black.

"I am really sorry but I- I can't do it."

He looked at me, eyes filled with disappointment before he approached me hastily.

"Too bad I wasn't asking..." He started. " I am so sorry."

in seconds, his lips were placed upon mine, and there I was, petrified. I didn't know what to do but eventually my arms wrapped around his neck.

I backed off a bit and sucked in a bit of air before I noticed the door ajar and a strand of blue hair stringing off.

Shit.