Chapter 47

The past two weeks had been extremely hectic. I had been going back and forth from my friend's houses due to the payment on my apartment falling through.

The job I currently have didn't have a steady enough income and I had been struggling.

I straightened the cap on my head, and re-checked the boxes I was holding, making sure the food was still hot.

I approached the house and once I reached the door, I knocked.

The door opened.

I met the eyes of the green eyed asshole that I hated more than chocolate.

Yes. I hate chocolate.

He smirked at me.

"Sam what the hell is this?" I asked, annoyed.

"I wanted pizza." He stated calmly.

I rolled my eyes at him.

"At the place I happened to work?"

We had a little staredown for a few seconds before he broke eye contact.

"Okay, okay I wanted to see you." He admitted quickly, running his hands through his hair.

The hair I used to run my hands through, the eyes I used to get lost in, the smile that made my legs week, the kiss that rocked my world.

He was my everything.

I handed him the boxes of pizza, and turned away and headed back for my car.

"Wait, wait wait!" He rushed out, following me. "Will you come in just for like - two minutes?"

I looked at his pleading eyes and contemplated.

After a second, I nodded slowly.

He smiled at me, a real genuine smile as he took my hand, leading me inside.

I'm going to get fired.

---------------------------------

I exited the house, smile on my face and excitement running through my veins.

Looking around me, I took notice of the dark sky.

I was in there for a while...

But..

We talked, and it was amazing.

I might just have my old boyfriend back.

I smiled at the thought of not being alone anymore. My heart was still shattered from the relationship that I had all those months ago.

Eight gruelling months...

For the first time in my life since her.. I am happy.

-----------------------------

"I'm home!" I called out, upon entering Cierra's house.

"Meow!" Cierra's cat practically yelled, bouncing towards the door.

Sometimes this thing acted like a dog.

I picked him up and kissed his head.

"Cici?" I asked.

I heard sound coming from the living room and assuming it was Cierra, I went into the room.

The T.V. was on, displaying an installment of one of the Harry Potter movies.

I smiled as I saw my best friend's head. I approached the couch, attempting to jump on it before I saw something else.

Someone else.

"Cierra!" I yelled.

I startled her.

And him.

I met the ocean blue eyes, similer to the ones I once adored.

I hadn't seen him in a while...

"Hey Avalon." He greeted normally.

I looked at him, confused.

He didn't hate me? For leaving his sister? Did he agree with my decision..

"Hey..." I trailed off awkwardly.

"I'm not my sister. You two may be on ice right now but it doesn't mean I can't talk to you." He sent me one of his charming smiles.

I really liked him for my best friend.

"Yeah. Well I'm going to head to bed." I announced, dragging my feet upstairs.

"Night B!" Cierra yelled.

I plopped down on my bed, face first and questioned my life.

It was about to get better.

Billie was probably happy, and now I am.

I decided that telling myself this wasn't enough. I needed to know she was okay.

I picked up my phone and began scrolling on my feed. Making a decision, I clicked on the account I hadn't been on in forever and scrolled around.

The feed seemed the same. Just pictures of her rocking out outfits from companies that sponsered her.

Until I saw the dreaded picture.

It was a picture of Billie and Giggle, holding eachother.

Comments were disabled, and I didn't bother checking for the caption.

Before I could break down, I closed off the tab.

A text rolled in.

Sammy
pick u up for lunch 2mrw <3

I smiled at the text, biting my lip.

Everything was going to be okay.

Ding. Dong.

It couldn't possibly be him. He would have told me... Right?

I smiled and rushed down the stairs like a kid on Christmas morning.

I opened the door and my mood deflated.

"H-hello officer." I greeted, not really knowing how to address them.

"Miss Hayes?" She asked, eyes scanning the area.

"That's me." I replied.

She looked a little conflicted before continuing, look hardening.

"You are a suspect for the murder of Gisele Parker. I am going to have to ask you to come down to the station to answer a few questions."

"What the hell is going on here!?" Cierra demanded, gesturing to the scene before her. Finneas stood there, lookibg just as confused.

I looked at them, tears now in my eyes.

"I-I don't know!" I said.

I don't even know who Gisele is! I don't understand what's happening!

"Call my mom!" I called out to Cierra, before I was pushed into the back of the car.

-------------------------

A/N

What do you think?

You also know who Gisele is right? Aha.

Anywho... thank you for reading, stay awesome and I love you! <3