Chapter 6

I came to not but three or so hours later.

I heard the strumming of a guitar followed by the voice of an angel.

Billie.

Only I hadn't recognized this song. No, this was new.

Had I missed the release of a new song? There is no way.

"I just wanna make you feel okay." She sang, strumming on her ukelele.

"But all you do is look the other way."

I found myself genuinely enjoying the song, getting lost in her voice.

"I can't tell you how much I wish I didn't want to stay"

I sat upon the bed, taking in the scene.

All six of my friends were gathered on the floor like kindergarteners listening to their teacher, seemingly just as mesmorized as me.

When did they even get there?

"I just kinda wish you were gay." She finished the little demo for us with a beautiful riff and took a breath.

Clapping resonated throughout the room while all I could do was look at her with awe.

What was she doing to me?

She looked up at me for the first time since we met, and my breath hitched in my throat.

Her eyes.

Her eyes were the most beautiful shade of blue. Bright, deep, sad eyes. I felt as if they told a story. A story that you could become so immersed in you would drown. Thats right.

I was drowning in her eyes.

Those ocean eyes.

"No need to get so fucking serious." She giggled, breaking the tension.

The whole room erupted with laughter and my cheeks soon heated up.

I'm straight.

Right?

I shook my head from the thoughts, mind drifting to more important matters.

"I'm hungry."

Cierra jumped up instantly screaming something about food and exited the room quickly.

"Come on!" She screamed for us to follow. And we did.

Ten minutes later we found ourselves stuffing our face with McDonald's.

Billie offered to pay for everything, causing me to quickly decline.

I didn't want her to pay for us. She would think we were using her for her money.

She insisted and eventually, I gave in, allowing her to pay with a pout.

We sat in the car, and enjoyed our meals for a while, just talking.

"Thank you for inviting us." Genesis said, smiling.

"I mean I kinda didn't but it's cool." Billie replied with a smirk.

"Billie. Thank you." Abigail said.

"For...?" She asked confused.

"Playing a huge part in the development of this generation. For the good obviously. You saved so many people, including me" Said Cierra.

"Damn Cici. Didn't know you were so philisophical." Sydney giggled.

"Shut up hoe." Cierra spat.

Billie smiled. She was so fucking humble I swear.

"Is it a bad time to say Avalon only found out who you were what, five days ago?" Stefanie informed, peaking the interest of many.

I sent her a death glare before meeting the surprised gaze of my piers.

Even Billie seemed surprised at this newfound information.

"You are telling me," She started in a disbelieving tone. "You memorized my song in what - a day?"

I nodded slowly, cheeks heating up once again as I made a poor attempt to hide it.

"Yo that takes fucking talent." She added, earning a grateful smile.

I still couldn't believe it myself. How could I have missed her. I was always involved with social media and it was strange to know such a socially important, and wise person went under my radar.

I mean it's Billie Fucking Eilish.

The queen of ballads.

"When is this party? I'm tired of being sober." Cierra wondered, in a bored tone.

Billie barked a laugh before responding curtly.

"Tomorrow night. I got some buddies I want you to meet." She explained.

"Guys, I want a picture." I informed, sticking one hand out in the center of the car. soon everyone joined in and I took a picture of all eight hands, creating an aesthetic picture for the socials.

I decided adding a tag may not be the best idea seeing as a celebrity was involved and I'm not about clout chasing.

I posted the picture with the caption:

'My girls'

Likes poured in as soon as I hit 'Post.'

I was so sure that the likes would die down following the cover but they didn't.

If anything, they multiplied.

One comment peaked my interest though.

'Mom and dad are fucking pissed.'

That bitch.

-----------------------

A/N

Dang I am on a roll with this posting.

I hope you enjoyed and didn't die of boredom haha.

What do you think happens next?