Chapter 58

"I really appreciate you meeting with me." I said, taking a sip from my mocha.

"I considered ignoring it but it seems like you've been through some shit." She explained, sitting across me in the booth.

Because I had felt so awful for drunk calling the wrong person, I invited her - Holly to meet me for coffee in the afternoon of the next day.

Fortunately by then, my hangover calmed down a bit.

Other than the raging headache ofcourse.

"You can say that again." I muttered.

I had dropped Autumn off earlier that morning.

She still hadn't told me what happened at the party and when I asked her for details, she avoided answering.

That girl is so strange.

"Well I'd better go. You have my number though so..." Holly trailed off, gathering her things.

"Oh yeah." I laughed.

Holly was a really interesting person.

She didn't take shit from anyone and once I had told her my situation, she threatened to cut off Sam's balls.

I shouldn't have found it as funny as I did.

Autumn also tried to convince me to try to bring him to court but I shot her down.

I didn't feel like he should suffer any more.

As I was about to leave, my phone dinged in my pocket.

I reached down and checked my notification to see a text from none other than...

Oh whaddya know.. It's Sam.

Sammy
i am so undeniably sorry. what i did was unforgivable and i hope we can talk this out.

I bit my lip, calculating my choices.

He did seem really sorry.

Now I was seriously considering going back. I did interrupt him while he was focused and I also unplugged his game.

That was wrong.

I am starting to understand hid anger and maybe if I was in the situation I would have done the same?

I don't know.

Another text rolled in.

This time from another number.

Billie
autumn texted me. call me!

Before I could write a response, a collision I wasn't expecting threw me to the ground.

"Shoot I'm sorry!" The voice apologized, offering a hand.

I grabbed it and once I was on my own two feet once more, I gasped.

Kylie!?

"Avalon?" She asked incredulously.

She engulfed me in a tight hug.

Kylie Watson.

The better half of the Watson twins. She was the sibling of the boy who caused me to flee from my relationship just the day before.

Sam and Kylie Watson, the golden twins of the town growing up.

Before I dated her brother, we were extremely close. We were inseperable. Our friendship caused some conflict between me and my best friend Cierra as well.

The two always seemed to have it out for each other.

One time back in grade school, Kylie put a can of worms in her spaghetti and unfortunately, Cierra couldn't tell the difference.

Then to get back at her, Cierra replaced Kylie's shampoo with gorilla glue.

Long story short... Kylie's hair was in for an unplanned chop.

I never really truly understood that though. They were both spectacular people and I don't get how they never got along.

"Boy is it good to see such a familiar face." She marveled, smiling at me.

"I missed you so much! How was Australia?"

Obviously with her insane intelligence, Kylie was invited to go on a trip to Australia with her school.

Only the top of her class even knew of the trip.

"Spectacular. I also met someone." Once she mentioned this, her face turned blood red.

I ended up getting in a long conversation with her, forgetting about the ocean eyed angel who was desperate for my attention at the moment.

She'd have to wait.

But little did the duo know they weren't the only ones tuned in on their conversation.

They were being watched.

--------------------------------

A/N

I am so sorry for this week attempt at an update.

I haven't been in a very focused state of mind lately and I'm sure that's showing through my writing.

Thanks for reading! <3