Chapter 10

Everything suddenly became quiet. Every sound around me ceased and time slowed down.

I felt sick to my stomach.

It was as if all the alcohol was suddenly sucked out of me, leaving an awful headache.

My body felt as light as a feather, even the softest wind could knock me down.

I'd like to think that is what happened next.

My head dropped straight to the ground, knocking me out cold.

----------------------------

Pain.

Extreme excruciating pain.

That's all I felt right now. Everything hurt.

I attempted to open my eyes but quickly gave up on that idea as the blaring sun stung my eyes.

The sun?

I blinked another fifty million times before deciding it was safe to look for good.

My eyes got used to the lighting quite quickly surprisingly. My eyes had greatly overexaggerated the brightness I had experienced earlier.

I took notice of the bed I was laying in, seemingly familiar. I had definitely seen this before.

A cough sounded from the corner by the door.

My eyes focused in on the sound, noticing Billie standing there awkwardly.

"Hey uhm." She coughed to clear her throat. "How you feeling?"

"Like I got hit by a truck." I groaned.

She winced at the though but wuickly recovered.

"Some of the girls had to go." she informed. "Autumn and Cierra are still here though."

I frowned at the thought.

Why had they left?

I nodded slowly, still taking everything in.

I looked at Billie only to see she wasn't looking back and didn't seem to be planning on anytime soon.

Her eyes were fixated on the wooden floor as if it was the coolest thing in the world.

I frowned.

"Are you okay?" I asked her, studying her features.

She nodded, looking dazed and lost.

"Fine." She replied with words.

Something about this entire exchange seemed extremely fishy to me.

Why was she being so weird? Did I say something to offend her? I honestly do not know.

The awkward tension was interrupted by Billie's older brother Finneas, entering the room.

"Bil, we gotta get some more music down." He said.

Billie sighed before beginning to follow him out of her room before stopping in her tracks, remembering something.

"You can uh.. come with if you want." She said, not even turning to face me and walked off.

I hopped out of bed quickly, not wanting to be alone at all.

I followed the streak of blue hair into a not very clean but not very messy room.

It was filled with all kinds of musical equipment.

Definitely an impressive thing because some of this shit was expensive as hell.

"This is where the magic happens.. I murmered, marveling at the small space.

Finneas sent me a grateful smile before offering me a seat on a small wooden chair beside them.

Billie eventually sat down, closing her eyes and warming up her voice.

I examined the features of her face, now noticing little freckles splayed across her cheeks and nose.

Whenever she sang specific notes, her eyebrows, along with her nose would scrunch just a bit and her lips would turn upwards.

Every note that escaped her lips was like a breath of fresh air.

I stopped admiring her because I noticed her brother glancing at me knowingly, with a smirk on his face.

I looked at him in mock confusion and sighed before shaking my head.

He laughed at my silent response and raised an eyebrow.

"K I'm good." Billie confirmed.

I had sat there for hours listening to them create music.

The writing techniques they used were also extremely clever.

They even finished writing a song while I was there but refused to give me the title.

It didn't bother me much, I would find out eventually.

Billie began to set the song list sequence for the shows she would be performing on tour and dang.

She was organized.

She had everything she wanted specifically written out, down to the amount of water bottles she wanted backstage.

I smiled as I watched the siblings work.

It made me realize how fucking insignificant I was to this generation.

It may be harsh but. Its true.

My phone beeped in my pocket, begging for my attention. I picked it up and opened up my messages.

Autumn
Cici and I went shopping. Hope you don't mind. Feel better! xx

Knowing I had such caring and sweet friends warmed my heart.

I replied with a heart and a smiley face emoji, attempting to capture my gratefulness.

I looked up from my phone to see Billie, longing look on her face that was directed at me.

I gave her a distant smile before returning my gaze to my phone.

If only I knew.

I wasn't the only one wishing someone was gay.

Another text rolled in.

Unknown Number
Hey we uh need to talk...  -Isaac

Shit.
---------------------

A/N

Happy 10 chapters lovelies!

I reached the 10 chapter mark on January 26th 2019.

Posts might start to slow down soon but I also doubt that statement. I like to write as much as I like to talk which is a lot so expect a chapter every day at the least.

Thanks for reading! <3