Chapter 21

Thunder suddenly sounded in the distance, startling me.

I had been reading 'The Hunger Games' for the millionth time.

Finnick Odair is hella fine.

Sam Claflin is literally my celebrity crush.

Enough of that.

It was around midnight and everyone had turned in, much earlier than expected.

On the other hand, I couldn't sleep so I took to the next best option.

Reading.

I heard the bedroom door slide open to reveal Cierra, in her nightgown.

"Can't sleep?" She asked knowingly.

"Nah I'm just not tired." I lied.

She scowled at me.

She knew me better than myself, I'm sure if she was to take a lie detector test while posing as me, she would get out of there with flying colors.

We had literally been tied at the hip since kindergarten. I had told her I liked her shoes and what do ya know?

Instant friends.

She was literally my ride or die.

I did love the others just as much, but Cierra was practically my sister.

"I know you're lying so fess up now before tickle you." She threatened.

My eyes widened.

"Okay okay, you got me."

She smiled victoriously before accompanying me on the couch and splaying her legs across mine.

"Whats up?" She asked softly.

"The ceiling." I responded smugly.

She playfully nudged my shoulder.

"Stop with that shit." She said.

My facade finally shattered,leaving the truth.

"My mom she uh - kicked me out." I admitted, playing with my hands.

I still didn't understand how my preference in who I choose to like can change an entire relationship between a family.

I had never seen so much hate in her eyes.

She was disappointed.

The last time I remember her being so disappointed was when I admitted to kicking a boy in the balls for judging my pigtails. She was so mad she took away my LeapFrog and grounded me for a week.

That prick got what he deserved though..

"Oh Ava... I'm sorry." She comforted, rubbing my shoulder.

And then the tears came on.

She quickly wrapped her arms around me, her safe embrace keeping me from the dangers of myself.

My mind.

"I love you Cici." I smiled through the tears, not allowing my grip to falter.

"Love you too B. Forever and always." She replied.

Flashback

Thirteen year old Cierra was going through her first breakup.

Although young, she had thought she was truly in love with her boyfriend, Aaron. 

Turns out it was all a lie.

A dirty joke that Cierra had been too late to catch up on.

Her boyfriend had been cheating on her since they got together two years before, with a girl named Faye, who was a few years older than him.

It was the cliche reason for a broken relationship. Almost too cliche to be true, but true all the same.

There Cierra was, head in her best friend's lap, crying her eyes out over the biggest waste of her life.

"I-I loved him Ava." She choked out the words, it coming out as a strangled sob.

Avalon didn't even respond, she just continued to stroke her hair comfortingly.

"Thank you. For being her for me"

"Anytime" She assured.

"I love you B." Cierra whispered.

"Forever and Always." Avalon said.

---------------------