Chapter 11

I sat on my bed, dazedly looking at the ceiling.

How could I have been so stupid?

And why didn't I know that everything could fall apart so quickly.

I was alone and I needed company, and I felt as if I to call everyone in the world, but I had no way to.

They took my phone.

Dammit.

The door creaked and my mother made her way into my room. She sat on the edge of my bed and studied my face.

"Sweetie I know you don't appreciate it now, but you will understand one day." She attempted to comfort me but I curled away.

"You followed me because you didn't t-trust me." I cried.

"Should I have? Because when I got word from your sister you went to L.A. and were drunk of all things?"

I rolled my eyes at her.

"And until we mend the broken bond as a family, that phone isn't coming back into the picture.

"But Billie-"

"No. Don't even talk of her. This is all because of her. Your phone is gone because of her! Why didn't you tell us you were messaging a stranger!?" She screamed.

Then I froze.

I looked at my mother with such controlled. hurt and anger.

"Get out please." I asked in a small voice.

She sighed and eventually complied to my request, walking out with regret weighing her feet down.

I tried.

I tried to tell her and dad but they weren't listening. I could have screamed it in their ear and they still wouldn't have heard me.

Because I'm not the favorite.

I think what hurt the most is how they responded.

They could have called me and ordered me to come home, lectured me about their disappointment, ground me when I returned... But no.

They decided to fly to L. Fucking A. to get me at four in the morning!

They told the O'Connell's everything and left with stressed looks and a daughter with her tail practically between her legs.

I can still see the look on Billie's face.

She hadn't talked much since the recording room with Finneas which was weird.

It was just silence and the occasional murmered sentence.

She seemed really shy which was bizzare for her.

Even when I was leaving, I went to hug her but she aimed away saying an empty.

"Bye."

Tears streamed down my face as I reminisced in my pain.

The door creaked again.

"What do-" I cut myself off when I noticed Melanie enter ny room.

She looked really regretful and winced under my stare. She approached me slowly and just stood by my bed, not wanting to see what I would do if she popped my personal bubble.

"Hi." She greeted quietly.

I didn't respond.

"I'm really sorry... about mom and dad." She apologized.

I scoffed.

"I know telling them was wrong but I thought you were in danger.."

That sentence confused me however.

"Why would I be in danger?" I asked annoyed.

"I don't know okay? I usually get this - this feeling its like a sister instinct I get. Tells me when something is wrong and I thought I felt it."

I scowled at her.

"Like powers?"

"Fuck no. What do you think this is, the X-men? No. I literally used the words Sister and Instinct. Haven't you felt it before?"

Thinking about it now I do recall a couple times.

Like when she was little and so idiotically stupid she bounced into the center of the road and almost got crushed by a Volkswagen Beetle.

A fucking Beetle!

I had been sitting nearby, my back facing her until I felt this strong urge to help her.

And I did.

"Okay well that isn't why I came here..." She redirected the conversation. "You know your computer connects to Instagram... right?"

My jaw dropped.

How could I forget!?

Mel winked at me before exiting my room.

I jumped off my bed and ran to my desk where my computer sat.

I repeatedly pressed the power button but to no avail. My computer was dead.

And dammit. They took my charger.

-----------------------

A/N

So I kinda wrote this as like a filler chapter? Because a load of stuff is coming and I needed something to help me prepare for it.

Thank you for reading<3