Chapter 37

We all collectively agreed that Finneas should be the one to ride with Billie on the ambulance.

Don't get me wrong, I wanted to be there by her side more than anything, but I couldn't exactly move my legs..

Cierra had driven the both of us there in her car, which I would be eternally grateful for.

All I did was sit there and bite my nails nervously. I really just needed her to be okay.

The entire time I hadn't really interracted with anyone much. My main priority was making sure my girlfriend got to return home with me.

The good news is that her heart was beating throughout the whole process which made everything easier. Unfortunately to the doctors, it meant they didn't have to go on a time crunch.

Which made me even more nervous.

Right now I was sitting in the waiting room, hoping for the best results.

Finneas seemed just as lost as me, head on Cierra's lap.

She brushed her hands through hid hair comfortingly.

I sat there in my wheelchair, unmoving, unresponsive.

Seemingly dead.

The door opened to reveal the nurse.

"Billie's family?"

I have never seen Finneas move so fast. He darted from his seat towards the woman, desperately awaiting her news.

I couldn't relate. Obviously I was eager to know if she was okay but seeing as I couldn't walk...

"Yes!" He exclaimed.

She smiled understandably.

"She is stable." She announced.

Everyone visibly relaxed by this news.

"However." She added.

"She is in a medically induced coma."

And for the millionth time:

I broke down.

--------------------------

Abigail's P.O.V

"Ok spill the tea." Stefanie gushed, hugging her pillow tightly to her chest like a child.

"There is no tea!" Autumn exclaimed once more, silencing their theories.

"Oh come on... You and Isaac?" Rosie asked.

Apparently someone had called Rosie to join our get together, which I normally wouldn't mind but, this was kinda a squad only thing....

Oh well.

Autumn blushed and looked down, earning "ooohs" from around the room.

"We've been... Talking..." She admitted. "Nothing serious."

"I KNEW IT!" Genesis screamed.

Ring... ring...

Sydney picked up her phone and pit it to her ear.

"Hello-" She was cut off by the voice on the other side.

She looked at the contact name and her eyes widened.

She quickly put the phone on speaker and placed it on the table.

"Who is it?" Zoe whisper yelled, earning no response.

"I-I don't know what to do with myself! Billie is still in a coma and Mo- Jessica wants me to come back to Florida to visit Mel. I don't wanna leave her guys, I can't."

It was Avalon.

And she was whining.

Again..

"I'm still in this stupid fucking wheelchair and travel wouldn't be a good idea anyway... What do I do?" Her voice was a strangled sob, desperately needing someone.

"Aw sweetie." Sydney cooed.

Avalon sniffled from over the phone.

Random mumblings resonated from the phone not long after, signaling someone else was there.

"What are you doing here?" Avalon spat quietly.

Avalon's P.O.V

Before me sat the last person I wanted to see. The one who made my skin crawl, who angered me to no extent. Even thinking about her face made me sick. For some reason, I even felt like all this was her fault.

Form her fake smile to her obnoxious laugh.

Giggle.

She held a bouquet of yellow flowers which unfortunately, looked beautiful.

"Visiting a friend..." She stated slowly, as if talking to a kindergartener.

"You're not welcome here." I seethed through my teeth.

She just smirked, the facade falling in an instant.

"I always hated you." She muttered.

That caused me to quirk an eyebrow.

"Getting to see her every day, having her love you unconditionally."

"So you thought shooting her was a good idea!?" I practically screamed.

She looked taken aback.

"Do you think I'm a fucking idiot? Of course I didn't shoot her, or anyone for that matter."

"You were there though... Weren't you?" I asked.

"Hello?"

Shit I forgot about Sydney.

"Gotta go I'm all good bye!" I yelled before hanging up.

"You are pretty clever." She said.

This was starting to sound like a cliche movie and I wasn't having it.

"Get to the point."

She smiled at me.

"Just know." She placed the flower bouquet on my lap. "What you think you know, who you spend your time with, isn't on your side.."

Now this was really sounding like a fucking movie.

"And soon enough, you will see that."

She made a dramatic pause, causing me to roll my eyes at her ridiculousness.

"We always win."

To Be Continued