Chapter 5

"Get in loser we're going to L.A." Sydney shouted, from behind the wheel.

"You forgot to add, to meet Billie Fucking Eilish!" Added Stefanie.

"Can we all stop saying 'fucking' as if its her middle name?" Genesis asked, annoyed to an extent.

"At this rate... I wont survive thirty-seven hours in a car with you guys..." Said Abigail. She couldn't wait to get out of the car. Two damn days to go.

"Where are the missing three?" Stefanie asked, realizing her headcount was short.

Sydney replied this time.

"Apparently Cierra's mom, who is a flight attendant by the way, scored three plane tickets. Guess where that leaves us? Here. Can you taste the favoritism?"

Okay maybe that wasn't exactly how it went..

Three Hours Earlier

"And I have two extra tickets." Cierra finished explaining.

"I mean I get one by default since this is kinda alll happening because of me..." Avalon said.

They all nodded, sharing murmers of agreement.

It came down to the last ticket.

Who could eat the most peppers in one sitting. The answer for everyone except Autumn:

None

"Hah suck it!" Autumn taunted.

End of Flashback

It had been about three days since Billie invited me to come meet her. In those three days, we texted non-stop, getting to know each other a lot better.

We talked into the late AM's and she even interacted with some of the girls.

The entire journey spent travelling from Florida to L.A was accompanied by Billie. She texted every so often to make sure we were all good and she even suggested some nice places to eat on our way.

Since she was always traveling, she basically knew the place inside and out.

She had become one of my really close friends.

"Welcome to Los Angeles California..." The voice welcomed. I tuned the rest out since I found it extremely unimportant and waited to be freed from the flying deathtrap.

Me
just arrived.

Billie
on my way

This all felt so surreal. Fake almost. I was about to meet a pop star. Little old Avalon Hayes from Florida was actually going to do something remotely significant.

W grabbed our bags and headed towards the doors.

"Fresh air!" Cierra marveled, inhaling every bit of it.

I looked up at the sunny sky, reveling in the warmth emitted.

"Avalon?" I heard.

I turned around confused.

Billie is not a man. Is she?

I came face to face with a dark brown haired man. I had recognized him from the video Mel showed me.

Her brother?

"That's me." I said, rolling on the balls of my feet.

"It's great to meet you. Billie's in the car. She didn't want to get bombarded by fans. I'm Finneas by the way." He smiled at me, he had a cute smile I'll give him that.

I was extremely cautious when approaching his car. I had learned to never get in, heck - get near an unfamiliar car.

The backseat window rolled down to reveal the blue haired wonder herself, sporting a pair of sunglasses.

"Sup." She greeted.

That was all the confirmation I needed.

I got into the back seat, Cierra and Autumn in tow as we got comfortable.

"Hey Bil." I greeted nervously wringing my fingers together.

She didn't make a move to remove her glasses so I couldn't make out any facial expressions but I could only imagine.

She seemed to be - studying me?

Her head tilted slightly and she nodded before facing forward and replying.

"Hey Ava."

-------------------------

We arrived at the O'Connel residence soon after, giddy smiles on our faces.

I sent a text to the remaining four girls who haven't arrived yet, wondering what they were doing.

"And this is my room" Billie explained, gesturing to the small room with a red hue to it due to the light.

"Oh. My. God." Cierra piped up. "How iconic."

Billie winced at the thought of sharing personal info but trusted them all the same.

"You guys aren't gonna like- tell anyone where I live right?" She asked carefully.

"Hell no! Then I wouldn't feel special being one of the select people who know!" Autumn assured.

Cierra and I nodded in agreement.

The conversation continued on to random things as I slowly became less and less invested in it.

I lay across Billie's bed, closing my eyes and drifting off with the scent of Billie invading ny senses.