Chapter 16

I woke up sometime in early AM's, panting.

Another damn nightmare.

Every single time seemed to be the same, but with a different driver.

Sometimes it would be Jessi - mom... or this unrecognizable Blue haired girl..

I don't know why it bothered me so much that she was a component in my dreams.

I don't even know her.

Mom comes in each morning to explain things to me, hoping my memories will just pop up.

They don't.

It seems as if every day a new visitor comes in to tell me im an amnesiac.

Which I don't believe.

At all.

I am pretty sure I am not from California and got stuck in a really sticky situation with random people.

As I awoke, the weirdest thing startled me as I looked at my body, grssping my chest.

I wasn't even injured.

Surely if you get decked by a damn car its gonna leave a scar.

Right?

I yanked out the IV's, dragging my feet to the bathroom. I examined my face in the mirror to only see dark bags under my eyes. The color or my eyes was a bit more red than normal but nothing out of the category of sleep deprived.

What the...

-------------------------

Later that morning - at an acceptable time, a knock resonated from the door.

It opened to reveal the blue haired girl from my dream.

Why was she here?

Her face showed no other emotion but worry.

"Oh my god." She whispered. "Are you okay? Shit, fuck I'm so sorry." She apologized over and over.

"Why did you do it?"

"Do what?" I asked, fighting around my dry voice.

"Why did you try to kill yourself?"

That did it for me.

Everything suddenly came back in an instant, filling in the missing pieces.

Flashback

"W-wait Ava!" Isaac screamed. "Don't run into the street!"

Elijah was sitting nearby, watching the scene when he saw it turn south for his brother.

He also witnessed Avalon running her way through the traffic filled street.

What the fuck?

She seemed to remember something and stopped to turn around, only to hear the blaring car horn in her ear.

It all happened too fast.

"Call an ambulance!" Isaac screamed. "Please!"

Elijah stood there, in the middle of the road, cradling his bleeding brother in his arms.

End of Flashback

I was mortified.

I didn't even get hit.

Oh my god. Isaac is here, in the fucking hospital because of me.

But that doesn't explain why I'm here.

Is everyone so desperate for the truth they figured I was trying to kill myself? Do they think I'm crazy? will they believe me?

"Ava what's going on up there?" She asked tenderly, fingers tapping my head.

"I wasn't hit." I murmered.

"Huh?" She asked, needing clarification.

"The car didnt hit me - Billie it - hit - Isaac." I explained.

"He got hit because of me!" I cried out, clutching my chest once more.

She hugged me tightly, shushing me.

"Sleep." She cooed, hands running through my hair.

The last thing I remember before drifting off was the feeling of soft lips against my forehead for a brief second.

------------------------

Billie's P.O.V

I strided down the hallways of the hospital, desperate to make it to the room.

259 I muttered to myself every few seconds.

I finally came up to the door. 259.

I knocked lightly before twisting the door to see Isaac in the hospital bed and Elijah sitting on a couch, head in hands.

"Eli?" I asked quietly.

He looked up at me, sighed in relief and engulfed me in a hug.

"Bil."

"I uh - heard what happened." I said so quietly I was surprised he heard it. "How is he?"

"Sleeping. He woke up a few hours ago, seemed fine to me. Bil I'm glad you are here."

I smiled softly.

"Ava is in here too you know." I told him.

His eyebrows scrunched together.

'Yeah. I think on some mental accords. They think she's fucking depressed."

"Damn." He said.

I nodded in agreement.

"He would want you to be happy." Elijah told me, making direct eye contact.

"Huh?" I asked confused.

"I see the way you look at her. Not too much different from anyone else but you can definitely tell she means something special to you..."

I sighed.

"I dont know..." I murmered.

"Isaac said she mumbled nonsense about being gay? It was before she ran into the road."

That however, peaked my interest.

She was gay?

Nah. Isaac is probably deaf. There is no instance - except in books, where the crushing girl gets her crush.

That shit's fucked.

But something was still aching in the back of my mind. Praying that Avalon was in fact - gay.

----------------------------

A/N

Praying this made up for my evil stunt earlier which I'm still apologizing to some people for :(

Thank you so much for reading <3

Ship names for Ava and Bil? Post em right here.