Chapter 24

I woke up from mt seat on the hospital couch, head still placed in my elbow.

The first thing I did was reach for my phone - which I had now, because my mom felt it important for us to communicate during this situation.

Ofcourse, just like every other hospital visit, dad was too busy to even ask what was going on.

I had been so worried for Mel. She was crying once we made it to the hospital, begging to be wheeled into the building.

My suspicions were to be confirmed or denied once the doctor returned with the test results later today.

Billie
hey babe. how's it going? 

Me
I'm not sure...

Billie
i can't stop thinking about you :(

Looking at her text, I felt so guilty. I know familt is priority and all that but I left Bil.

I remember her telling me she wanted to be in her best mood while performing and I just hope she is okay.

Finneas was probably pretty messed up about it too. Hr really seemed to like Cierra. He is good for her.. Keeps her in check.

I really want to be there for Billie cheering her on but I can't just skip school...

The hospital room opened to reveal one of the last people I would expect to see in this specific room right now.

"Mrs. Lee?" I scrunched ny eyebrows, confused.

She looked like she had been in a hurry.

"I was just checking to see if you were alright... I heard you were back." She replied.

"Oh yeah no I'm great.. My sister has been having joint pains though."

"Oh goodness." She gasped.

My mother paraded into the room, matching coffees in her hand.

She saw the visitor and scowled.

"Why are you here?" She snapped.

I was taken aback by my mothers tone of voice.

"I was visiting my former patient, checking in on her." She informed professionally.

"You need to leave. Now." My mother ordered, face hard.

Something was definitely going on between the two but I had absolutely no idea what.

I heard the signature three knocks that signalled the doctors' arrival and held my breath.

This is it.

------------------------

Billie's P.O.V.

Meet and greets.

One of the most fun, but draining things I have ever had to do.

Finneas had set up a three hour window in which I would meet fans the day before the show.

Today was Sunday, meaing tomorrow, I would be performing without my favorite person there.

I barely felt like getting up to do this today, which was not normal because I love talking to my fans.

A tall girl with long dirty-blonde hair approached me with a bright smile on her face.

She shook her hands uncontrollably in excitement, approaching me.

She embraced me tightly.

"Quick storytime. So I thought I was coming to see Shawn Mendes and I saw you and was super confused, then I listened to some of your music before I came inside and you are hella good!"

This girl could ramble.

I blinked, mind racing over her sentence and once I understood what she said, replied.

"Aw. I'm glad you appreciate the music. Sorry about the concert though bro." I apologized.

"This is almost better than Shawn!" She screeched.

I felt it somewhere deep inside when she said almost.

"What's your name?" I asked her.

"Oh my name is Isabella." She introduced. "Can I get a picture."

I smiled and wrapped my arms around her neck, hugging her close and smiling into the lens.

Once she got a couple snaps, I had to move onto the next fan.

"Thank you so fucking much for being here." I thanked.

She practically bounced away, bright smile on her face.

Another fan approached me.

She had dark skin and long black hair that flowed as she walked.

She walked up apprehensively, as if I would react in some kind of way and when I seemingly didn't, she seemed hurt.

"You don't remember me do you?" She deadpanned.

I went through every possible encounter with a person that might trigger my memory but nothing did.

She rolled her eyes at me.

"Figures. I will give you a big hint. My name is Gigi."

My eyes instantly widened.

Back in my days at the dance studio, Gigi was my best friend. We talked everyday, ate icecream at my place after practice, and hung out almost all the time.

I'm still confused as to why we fell off.

"Holy fuck!" I exclaimed, embracing my old friend.

"How did you know I was even here?" I asked confused.

"I mean I'm sure you are the only Billie Eilish who has vocals like that." She mentioned.

I nudged her playfully.

"Yo I need your number. We gotta catch up." I said.

I reached to the table to grab my autographing pen and placed it above my arm, ready to write.

She said her digits out loud and I rolled my sleeve back down to avoid anyone seeing it.

"Keep in touch O'Connell." She smiled as she calmly walked away.

What a small world.

------------------------

What do you think the drama is with Mrs. Lee and Mrs. Hayes? Have an idea where that storyline is going?

What about Melanie, what do you think is wrong with her.

And last but not least, school. How do you think everyone is going to tiptoe around that?

Thanks for reading <3