t h i r t e e n

Taehyung sat on the bleachers with Ji Woo, the other assistant medic.

Taehyung had been working as a student assistant medic for the track team since freshman year.

"So how's all that drama with Seulgi?" Ji Woo asked. She most likely heard it from Hoseok; one of the jocks who was her brother. Taehyung shrugged.

"It's starting to clear up. I hope nothing breaks out on the track today though."

"Did you hear? Apparently Jungkook's old team is gonna be there. What if he gets heckled?" Ji Woo asked making Taehyung shrug again.

"Alright every listen up please!" Mr. Sung yelled as he entered the track with a clipboard. "Our bus here so I'm going to do a quick role call." He paused. "Hoseok!"

"Here!"

"Jungkook!"

"Here!"

"Namjoon!"

"Here!"

"Seokjin!"

"Here!"

"Yoongi!"

"Here!"

"Jimin!"

"Here!"

Mr. Sung looked over at Taehyung and Ji Woo before marking them both present on the list.

"Alright everyone, please remember to take breaks, and see the medics for drinks and snacks."

The group filed out and onto the bus one by one as Mr. Sung marked down names.

Taehyung looked down the row of seats and made eye contact with Jungkook, who's eyes were wide before Taehyung smiled and slid into an open seat.

He felt someone's presence next to him, looking over to see Jungkook.

Jungkook was too busy looking at Taehyung's jacket and seeing the word 'Medic' to notice.

"So that's why you were busy." Jungkook replied with a chuckle before softly slapping Taehyung's shoulder playfully.

He then rested his head on the shoulder. "Excuse me mister, what are you doing?"

"Sleeping on your shoulder." Jungkook replied before looking down. "What's in the bag?"

"Protein snacks, electrolyte replacing drinks, medical equipment, Ice bags, Bandages and wraps, anything we'd need."

"Smart." He mumbled as the bus made its depart, letting him fall asleep on Taehyung's shoulder.

• Time Skip •

Taehyung slid on his headband, his light brown hair falling over the sides softly before he zipped up his jacket.

"Why is it always so cold?" He asked Ji Woo tied her laces.

"Because the athletes are sweating. It's better for their heads so they don't faint."

"Oh." Taehyung replied as Ji Woo helped him un pack everything at their station.

"C'mon! We're going to miss the opening remarks." Ji Woo stated, pulling Taehyung along to the main track.

———

"So you don't have any previous boyfriends from that other school of yours?" Jimin asked, his voice said it in a teasing way but Jungkook ignored it as he shook his head.

The group began walking onto the track, hearing the crowd from their school roar.

Jungkook watched his school uneasily, seeing their judging eyes look on at him.

They quickly entered the circle and stood next to the two medics and the coach. Jungkook held Taehyung's hand and squeezed it, because he knew who he was going to see next.

Jungkook's old school made their way down the track. Smiling and waving, he continued keeping a gaze on them.

The rival group came back around and stood next to their group. Jungkook looked over to see just who had had suspected to see.

"Jungkook."

"Yugyeom."

A/N

SISSSS BOUTTA POP OFF