t h i r t y - f i v e

"Don't cry over me please? Stop crying baby." Jungkook cooed as Taehyung sobbed into him.

The two were saying goodbye.

"You're gonna make-" he stopped mid sentence as he broke down and also began to cry.

"We can't do this Tae, remember what we talked about?"

Taehyung nodded as he stepped back.

Both the tear covered boy's looked at each other before Jungkook grabbed Taehyung's face and pulled him into one last kiss.

The two's tears mixed on their cheeks as they held each other still for moments that felt too short.

They pulled apart and hugged one last time before Jungkook checked his time.

"I have to go now.." he said sadly before he kissed Taehyung's forehead. "I love you."

"I love you too."

He then ran off to the car and got in it before it drove off.

Taehyung stood there for at least half an hour, watching the street in hopes he would come back.

But he didn't.

• Time Skip •

"So he's really gone?" Seulgi asked as Taehyung nodded. "Who are you going to go to prom with then?"

"I was actually gonna ask you."

Her eyes widened. "Me? Why me?"

"You've always been my best friend, even when we weren't close." He said softly before smiling. "So do you already have a date or-"

"No no! I'd love to go with you Tae." She replied before pulling him into a hug.

The two looked at each other before hugging again.

———

My eyes opened, I looked around the creative writing exam.

'Was that all a dream?' I thought as I looked at the timer; 20 minutes left.

I was surprised that I re dreamt everything that had happened over the past year.

What a year.

Then a lightbulb went off in my head as I picked up my pen.

Taehyung rolled over in slumber..

———

And that's how he fell in love with the boy next door.

I placed my pen down before checking the time. Five minutes left.

I stood up and walked over to the desk with my five paper short story.

I stapled it and wrote my name on it before placing it on the pile and walking out.

"So how'd it go?" Seulgi asked with a smile as we began walking.

"It went well." I replied before she smiled.

"Wanna see my dress?" She asked before pulling out her phone. "I got you a matching coloured tie because I know how you like matching colours."

It was a beautiful lavender coloured gown that had a halter top and open shoulders down the sleeves.

It suited her.

The colour also suited me quite well.

"I love it." I smiled before we exited the school, going to our own homes to quickly get ready for the nights plans.