l e t t e r : t w o

Dear Taehyung,

How's your dad? You didn't like him before so how is he this now?

Taehyung heard his father snoring, he had passed out on the couch in the living room drunkly the night prior.

I hope he's a little nice, you deserve that much. I saw your mom today; that's the first time I've seen her before, you look like her. There are still pieces of you she doesn't have though, which I'm assuming belong to your father.

Taehyung sighed.

He wasn't somebody who enjoyed even being an offspring of his father.

What a dead beat.

Did you run in the puddles yesterday? I checked the weather for San Francisco, it said there should've been a bit of rain.

Was it relaxing?

Taehyung smiled as he agreed to himself that it was indeed very relaxing.

Oh yeah, TJ's house was sold too.
I haven't seen her but I want to ask where she's going you know?

Taehyung looked over at his phone.

He had deleted TJ's number after the whole incident with Seulgi.

What even happened to Seulgi?

Any who, if I do see her I'll ask and let you know. Are there any fun places to buy stuffed animals?

Taehyung reread the question a few times as he didn't quite understand until he remembered a small toy store down the street.

If you know of any, go buy one.

Taehyung chuckled confusedly before getting up and quietly leaving the condo.

He walked down the street; he could smell the earth from the previous day's rain as he stood in front of the old toy store.

He would always go to it as a kid when he would visit and the owner knew his name.

As he grew up he stopped going there because he simply forgot about it; making him feel bad at the moment.

He shook it off before slowly going up up the steps and opening the door. The bell that reminded him of his childhood rang as he smelled the familiar mildew and dust of the old store.

"Hello sir! Welcome to- Taehyung?"

• Time Skip •

"So you're looking for a stuffed animal?" The store owner asked as Taehyung sat on the stool at the counter.

The two had been catching up for the past few hours.

"Well, all our stuffed animals are in that corner over there, you see son?"

Taehyung nodded before the owner lightly slapped his shoulder and squeezed it. The boy then got up and made his way into the corner, looking at the small selection.

He picked up a pink bunny, one of the eyebrows bigger than the other.

It reminded him of Jungkook.

Taehyung took it to the counter, smiling as he placed it on the desk.

"You like this one son?"

Taehyung nodded as the man scanned it and gave it back to him.

Taehyung began to pull out his wallet.

"No no, it's on me."

Taehyung smiled.

"Thank you." He said carefully in his English before the owner came and gave his back a pat.

"Come in next time you're here, I get lonely." He chuckled, Taehyung nodded before he made his way toward the boy.

"Bye!" He said waving before exiting the store.

He walked down the sidewalk with the pink bunny. He then re entered his fathers condo complex and entered the condo.

"What's that?" His father asked as he leaned on the kitchen counter with a chipped mug of coffee.

"Oh it's a gift for one of my friends."

"That's gay Taehyung, unless it's your girlfriend. Don't be a pansy."

"Yeah I know, it's a friend that's a girl though."

"Good, I don't need you turning a little horny gay boy on because you gave him a bear." Taehyung's father said before the boy re entered his room and took a seat on his bed.

He felt tears overcome him.

This happened every year.

His homophobic father would always say something. Something he just couldn't keep to himself.

Taehyung lifted up the bunny and looked it in the eyes before sighing.

"I'm sorry Jungkook."

He looked over to the desk to see the letter. He got up and lifted it close enough to read.

If you bought one I'm excited to see it.

I should let you go now..

I love you, you know?

I miss you too, more than yesterday but not as much as tomorrow :)

All my love,

Jungkook