t w e n t y - s e v e n

"This is like the Olympics!" Jungkook exclaimed as he held the flag for their team in his hand.

They were representing South Korea at the World Championship.

"You'll probably be there one day." Jimin replied as he placed a hand on the boy's shoulder.

Taehyung stood on the other side of Jungkook, studying the other teams.

"So are you excited to see him?" Jimin asked, Taehyung tuned into the conversation.

Jungkook excitedly nodded before looking around for something; or someone.

"Oh my god he's so hot." Jimin sighed as the two watched two boys walk.

They were from the US team.

The two were looking at one of the two boys walking; the star runner.

He was going to be transferring to their school for three weeks.

The two then began making their way over to the group.

———

The two boys walked around the track. He felt the eyes of the other teams watching as they circled the track.

"I'm sure they're not that good, there's a reason I'm transferring." He chuckled as his best friend; Shawn joined in.

"Are you going to help them?" Shawn asked, the boy shrugged.

"Who knows, it might take longer than three weeks."

Shawn chuckled, "should we go introduce ourselves?"

"I mean, have you studied Korean?" The boy asked, Shawn shook his head before the two stopped in their place.

The boy laughed.

"Me neither."

Shawn then joined in, the two laughing and making their way toward the three other boys.

———

"Oh my god they're coming over here." Jimin stated quickly beginning to fix his hair, Jungkook wiped down his jacket with his hands, removing any wrinkle or crease.

Taehyung just stood there, unsure of the hype.

He watched Jungkook and Jimin as if they were children on Christmas. Their eyes lighting up as the two American boys made their way over.

"Hello." The first one said in decent Korean, he bowed slightly, making the two bow in return.

"Hey." The other said in nervous English before getting an elbow to the rib. "Ow~"

"Shush." The first one replied before looking at Jimin and Jungkook. "So you three are apart of the track team I suppose?" He asked, turning to Taehyung.

"Not him." Jungkook stated, pointing toward Taehyung. "He's a medical assistant."

"Oh you're hurt?" The boy asked, Jungkook shook his head.

"No we were just talking."

"Ahh I see, anyway hello." The boy said to Taehyung before he bowed. "What are your names?"

"Jimin."

"Jungkook."

"Taehyung."

"Ahh yes, you two." The boy said directly to Jungkook and Jimin, "You're my so called comepetition."

Jimin and Jungkook both nodded vigorously before the boy turned back to Taehyung. "I need to talk to them alone, if you don't mind."

"I can go wait over there-"

"Maybe just go find something else to do." The boy replied with the fakest of smiles. "I tend to chit chat. It's pretty fun."

Taehyung sighed before feeling a tap on his shoulder, he turned to see Jungkook looking at him. "I'll see you later okay?"

Taehyung smiled unsurely, "Yeah."

The boy smiled at Taehyung again, still fake before gasping. "Oh yeah, since we're introducing ourselves."

"That's Shawn," he stated pointing to the one next to him, "and I'm Charlie."

"Nice to meet you, comepetition."