l e t t e r : o n e

Dear Taehyung,

By the time you're reading this, you'll be in San Francisco.

Taehyung looked out the window at the desk he was sitting at to see the beautiful sunlit city outside.

How is it? I bet it's sunny. I'm gonna be honest; I'm not asleep and you just left for the airport.

Sorry.

Taehyung smiled as he looked at the boy's slightly messy handwriting on the loose leaf ripped fresh from his notebook.

My body is feeling a lot better, I'm sure I'll be ready for the championship next week and I'm so excited to have you in L.A. with me. :)

Do you miss me yet?

I miss you, don't worry ;)

I miss you a lot actually; I mean it's only been a few hours but I just want to cuddle with someone you know?

Taehyung sighed, feeling the same way. His father was at work, leaving Taehyung home in his two bedroom condo alone.

Do you think it's gonna rain? Do you even like rain? That's something I don't know about you, do me a favour; go outside if it rains and walk in the puddles for me.

I know, it's weird but I find it relaxing.

Taehyung looked out the window and saw only sunshine. He frowned slightly before feeling his stomach rumble.

What's the first thing you ate? Have you even had anything to eat since you got there?

Taehyung chuckled, knowing he hadn't eaten since before his plane left the night prior.

Knowing you, I'm going to assume you didn't eat a thing so I also want you to go to a fancy cafe where you can enjoy the rest of my letter while sipping on a caramel something, and eating a fancy French food; like, I don't know.

A bagel.

Taehyung stood up and grabbed his sweater, wallet and folded the letter carefully before placing it in the pocket of his sweater along with his money.

He then exited the room and quickly put his shoes on before taking his spare key and exiting the condo.

He ran outside into the sun and breathed in the fresh scent of spring as he began to walk.

He walked for about ten minutes before seeing a small cafe.

He entered it and it was so cute. There were plants and stringed lights along the ceilings.

It was very aesthetic.

Taehyung walked up to the counter before smiling. "Hello!" He said cheerfully in careful English as the lady smiled at him.

"Hello sir, what can I get for you today?" The lady asked as he looked at the menu.

"Ice Americano?" He asked again in careful English while showing off his box smile.

"Anything else?"

"Bagel?"

"What kind?"

"Regu..lar?" He asked, she nodded and typed it into her screen before saying the total. Taehyung gave her cash and he took the change before waiting by the side for his order.

A lady handed the plate and mug to him before he sat in a window booth, looking at the passing cars on the freeway.

He then remembered Jungkook's letter!

He quickly pulled it out of his pocket and unfolded it so he could continue reading it.

If I'm right, you probably found somewhere to buy a bagel. How's your English anyway? I feel like you would be surprisingly good at it.

I can tell it's going to be a long week. We're thousands of miles apart; tied together by letters.

This reminds me of this story I read; the two characters fell in love after a tragedy then they got ripped apart.

After a long time they finally re-united and learned to love each other again.

The second part doesn't apply to us; but if it did that would be romantic would it not?

Taehyung heard a boom and looked out the window, small water droplets began to fall from the sky; giving Taehyung the perfect idea.

He quickly finished up at the cafe before going down the sidewalk to a park he saw.

Rain was lightly pittering around the city as he entered the quiet park. As Taehyung walked the path he stepped in his first puddle.

He chuckled before hopping to another.

Soon he was jumping and running around the park into puddles before stopping; out of breath.

He then took out his letter once more; taking a seat on a vacant bench under a canopy.

Anyway. Now you can go home.

I'll write to you again tomorrow my love.

Your boy,

     Jungkook

A/N

Do y'all like the letter theme so far? I'll have these for the next chapters that Tae is in San Francisco for.

They're not special chapters and they follow the storyline so PLEASE don't skip them cause you'll be confused later. :)  pro tips from your homie