t w e n t y - f i v e

Taehyung stood at the bench, his hands together at the waist of his suit.

He looked forward at the witness stand and study the jury.

They were all chatting amongst each other happily.

They didn't know him and didn't understand his struggle.

He felt the eyes of his family behind him; Jungkook was at school so he couldn't be there.

'Thank god' Taehyung thought, the last thing he ever wanted for Jungkook to see his abuser.

From what happened with Jimin; slightly more than a stranger, to his own father? Jungkook would've gone off the rails.

Taehyung looked at the watch on his wrist. 10:56.

Their court preceding was to start at 11:00.

His father wasn't there yet.

The door opened, Taehyung looked back to see only his lawyer enter and make his way down the aisle before taking a seat next to the boy.

"Remember to take your sunglasses off." The lawyer stated, making Taehyung remember.

He had forgotten he was wearing the shades to hide the black eye.

The door opened again, Taehyung turned to see another man in a suit; not his father but most likely the man's lawyer.

He checked his watch again; 11:04.

His father was late.

He sighed knowing his fathers mannerisms.

He knew his father wasn't going to show up at all. Taehyung was pulled out of his thoughts as the sound of a gabble was heard.

"Order!" The judge roared before silence overcame the room. "The accused hasn't showed up. Our meeting is adjourned and  will be rescheduled at a later date." He hit the gabble again before the sounds of shuffling were heard as people made their way home or to work as it was only 11 am.

Taehyung turned, his mother looked at him with a sad smile before making his way toward the aisle, his mother wrapping her arm around his shoulder comfortingly as they exited the court room.

"You know, if they find him on a street or something they can arrest him."

"Really?" Taehyung asked as the two walked to his mothers car; she nodded.

"Because he didn't show up for a court date." She paused as the two got into the vehicle. "That's s criminal offence."

"I don't think he'll ever come."

"Unless they hunt him down." Taehyung's mother replied before beginning to drive, leaving Taehyung to think.

• Time Skip •

"So how was the trial?" Jungkook asked as Taehyung sat a table across from him in the cafeteria while still wearing his suit and shades.

He looked out of place.

"Fine." Taehyung sighed as he took a carrot slice from Jungkook's salad.

"Hey." Jungkook said, a confused expression on his face as Taehyung took the liberty of sticking his tongue out before eating the carrot slice. "That was mine."

"Well now it's in my belly." Taehyung said, saying "belly" like the Scottish guy from Austin Powers.

"So are you excited for the championship next week? We're flying out to LA on Sunday evening." Jungkook stated before eating a carrot slice himself.

Taehyung nodded. "Did the new jackets come in?"

"Yeah! They're really cool, they have blue sparkly flames on them."

"What about the jerseys?"

"Those too, they're not sparkly but they're white with blue flames and our names are on the back."

Taehyung smiled at how excited his boyfriend was before the bell rang.

"Time for your practice now?"

Jungkook only nodded as his mouth was full of his greens. "Are you gonna stay and watch?"

"No, I have to go meet with my lawyer." Taehyung said before Jungkook pulled him into a hug.

"You'll be alright okay? You'll win for sure." Jungkook stated before kissing Taehyung's forehead and rubbing his back. "Now, you go home and I'll see you after practice."

"I can walk with you, I have to grab my uniform since they're in."

"Sounds good." Jungkook stated as he swung his back pack over his shoulder before the two began to make their way to the gym.

Taehyung quickly grabbed a carrot slice and popped it into his mouth. Jungkook looked at him and gasped as the boy smiled sheepishly. "Hey!"

A/N

I'm so excited omggg
Also, I wanna do some one-shots for 500 reads so leave suggestions for some! (These can include any characters, ex: Seulgi, Yugyeom, TJ)

So yeah hmu :)