Chapter 16 : My Own Apology

MY OWN APOLOGY

J A C E  E V E R S

Junior Year

NO more partying. 

One rule that Daena failed to follow.

One out of three rules:

:1:

No partying.

:2:

Stay out of Scarlett's way.

:3:

Dont eat Jace's chocolate mousse.

Daena also ate one of his chocolate mousse cups. She ate it then blames it on Scarlett, not knowing that Jace was well-aware that his sister was staying at Ashley's house temporarily. Jace tried so hard to make living with Daena as fun as it could be. He tried to get her to become the girl that they enjoyed hanging out with but he wasn't sure that he actually liked that girl either.

Maybe he just didn't realise the kind of person Daena was because he was caught up on their childhood memories.

As Jace sat their on a bar stool writing a formal letter addressed to one person he wanted to speak to right now. On the other end of his phone line spoke Candace happily about her day. Jace felt himself losing interest in his story because his mind wouldn't move on from his conversation with Daena earlier.

:::

Daena came stumbling in the room swearing. Jace cast a worried glance at Nova who helped her sit down carefully "Where was she?"

"Out by the school drinking with some of Jennifer's friends."

"Jennifer?" Jace put down his glass of water to listen to Novas story.

"Yeah. I found her drinking with them, none of them looked stable so I dropped them home with the help off Parker." Jace fixed the pieces in his mind together of why Daena was with Jennifer's friends...Parker Davis.

"Parker drinking too?"

Nova shook his head "He came to pick up Jennifer but no-one has seen her since she left after school with Lottie and Ashley."

"Think they murdered her?" Jace joked.

"I Think they're being idiots hanging with her." Nova said turning his attention back to Daena who walked sluggishly upstairs "Want me to stay another night to sort her out?"

"No you go home shes not actually drunk." Jace stated knowing her common routine "She pretends to be drunk because shes actually a crier when she is drunk. I know that from Leos party last year when she actually drank loads."

"So shes faking it?"

"Always." 

:::

Jace read over what he'd written so far scowling at his poor grammar "Whats wrong?"

"Nothing carry on talking about your day." He urged her wanting to have a distraction.

"No tell me whats going on." Candace said.

"Can I call you later I've got a lot on." 

"Please let me help."