Chapter 37 : If I Want To Travel, I Will. If I Want To Leave You, I Will

IF I WANT TO TRAVEL, I WILL. IF I WANT TO LEAVE YOU, I WILL

S C A R L E T T   E V E R S 

Senior Year 

SHE spent most of her day convincing herself that the dress wouldn't fit her so that when she tried it on after debating for ages, her smile grew wider as the dress hugged her curves perfectly. Looking into the mirror one last time, Scarlett gave a final nod towards the alterations person as he wrote down the last of her measurements. He stood up to allow the dress to fall to the ground after being un-clipped and she stepped out of it to change back into her clothes. There was enough time for her to buy some lunch so she bought herself a salad and a sandwich from a nearby shop then proceeded to walk back to his car. Mason planted a kiss on her cheek which, like every other time, the kiss made her day 100000x better. Although Scarlett pretended it had no affect on her, she could see Mason grin the minute she clicked the seat belt in place facing way from her.

 "Stop it." Scarlett chuckled opening her salad lid that was positioned carefully on her lap. She could feel Mason eyeing the bag by her foot and tilted her head to acknowledge his rumbling stomach. Scarlett wasn't a-hundred-percent sure if she purchased his favourite sandwich, her unnecessary worry clearly displayed itself as her leg bounced up and down until she heard him gush about how she remembered his favourite sandwich. They ate their food watching traffic pass by and occasionally passing unwanted pieces of food to the other person in an almost routinal sequence that yet again, gave Scarlett the ability to smile easily. 

"LOOK AT THAT DOG!" Mason shouted startling Scarlett as she packed her empty salad bowl into the bag to focus her eyes on a pug padding past their car. They both watched the dog in fascination before turning to each other with a look of pure 'awe'. "We have to get a dog."

"That pug was cute." Scarlett agreed remembering the pug from a second ago. 

"We should name our dog Fred." Scarlett whipped her head round to face Mason with a look pf horror which soon broke out into a laugh at his serious expression. 

"Fred?" Scarlett asked just to be sure she heard him correctly. Mason nodded still looking fully committed to his decision. "No."

"Why?" He whined probably genuinely interested in her disagreement. 

"Because.. its... Fred." Scarlett clarified shoving his empty sandwich box into the bag. 

"Fine. What about Cole?" 

She shook her head to deny any of his other ridiculous names "We will get a pug named Puggy." 

"Thats worse than Fred." Mason laughed starting up the car. 

The whole drive to the park ended with a final decision to not actually own a dog, but an apartment instead. Somewhere far away from here to be precise. They argued over ways to decorate their bathroom whilst finding two swings together to sit on. "Have you heard from any colleges?" Scarlett finally asked the question that lingered on her mind.  She knew he applied for a school in England and that his chances of getting in were really good because of his dedication towards education. 

Her eyes scanned over his facial features to find any hint of what she didn't want to hear "I've been accepted to most of mine, except for the one in Australia." There was a mix of emotions that hit Scarlett. "I think I want to take a gap year though. You know? Like travel around before I probably go for England." She nodded in agreement knowing that Mason loved to travel. Whether it was a four hour car journey or  miles across the Earth, Scarlett knew he enjoyed the freedom. It made her think about Parker's sister and how she had mocked any idea of backpacking around the world. "What about you?"