Chapter 22 : Stop Creating Them

STOP CREATING THEM

J A C E  E V E R S

Junior Year

SCARLETT did a decent job besides her bickering with Milo. Jace wasn't there to observe her first day because he went to pick Jane from her house which ended up being pointless as she was sick with a cold and forgot to call in. He concluded that Milo was just covering for her in case she did decide to work. They all knew that Jane wouldn't miss a day of work unless it was something bad.

Jace made her soup for lunch and did her daily grocery shopping for when her family come back. She was raised in orphanages but lives with her ill uncle after turning eighteen a year ago. Jace still gave her her money for today's work as Jane usually puts in maximum effort and he drove back to get Scarlett before heading to school.

The discomfort between the two went unnoticed when Scarlett practically zoomed out the car once they arrived. Obviously she kept her pace to a catwalk style and Jace slumped his way to Nova. 

"Go to this diner tonight." Jace said handing Nova a slip of paper with an address on it "They have amazing burgers and Scarlett wanted to go but I couldn't take her so you're going to go. Oh and dont mention it to her, just show up. Like a surprise party." Jace waved his hands in a 'surprise party' kind-of-way.

Nova tapped his chin pretending to think about it "So you want me to go on a date with your twin? What will you be doing? Spending your night alone on the phone with Candace? Visiting Daena?"

"First of all I am going to meet Ashley to play therapist. Dont ask." He explained as they begun walking to class. 

"Maybe I want to ask." Jace glared at Nova who held his hands in surrender "Okay okay, I wont."

"And its not a date."

"It totally is."They reached their lockers putting in their combinations slowly as the day already started dragging by, 

"My best friend and my sister dating? No." 

"Your sister dating who?" Jace glared, even harder than before, at nova to silence him as the brunette showed her nails off to her friend waiting for an answer.

"I..." Nova scratched the back of his neck nodding his head at Jace to think of something. Great, Jace forgot Nova wasn't an easy liar.

"Someone in the drama club likes you." Jace held in his laugh and vomit as he made a quick excuse. His sister nodded her head in dismissal not really anymore interested in the conversation and turned to Nova. Jace wondered why she had to speak to him but the two of them claimed they had class together and left.

"Relax they're not screwing." He hadn't even noticed Ashley still standing there and pulled faces of confusion at her, as if that would throw Ashley of course. "I mean Scar still loves Parker, anyone can see that but I would keep an eye on Crowlin. He might want more from his best friends' little sister." She shrugged her shoulders cat-walking away. Jace genuinely held confusion for a second then chased after her down the empty halls.

"Damn Ashley walk slower in heels." He breathed once keeping a slower pace beside her "What do you mean?"

"Its probably nothing. Nova has recently stopped liking Daena. I mean everyone has stopped liking Daena because they finally realised what a bitch she is an it all happened to happen at once so theres just this cluster of people who hate Daena-" Jace clasped her waving hands to stop her from rambling and raised an eyebrow to urge her to stay on topic.They stood still for a second then carried on walking to...wherever. "So hes out of this crush stage and has a re-think of every other girl around. So hes scanning classrooms and everywhere to get his mind off it then gets mad because hes not that type of a guy to find a distraction in girls when..."