Chapter 25 : Certified Intention

CERTIFIED INTENTION

S C A R L E T T  E V E R S

Senior Year

ASHLEY may be Scarlett's best friend but she didn't have to shame her. It seemed that ever since the start of her new relationship, all Ashley did was complain about them. It actually began to annoy Scarlett because she thought Ashley would support her.

"Babe whats wrong?" Milo asked tapping on her legs that rested on his lap. She shut her book, tired from studying and met his questioning gaze. The tattoos on his neck peaking out from his shirt made Scarlett want to run her hands along them all over again. They were his stories. She wondered what hers would be like. Would it give her a chance? 

"Nothing." Scarlett bit her lip knowing that he wont want to ask again and found herself saying "Car drive for our thoughts?"

Milo knitted his eyebrows in confusion. "What?" Of course he wouldn't get her sudden need to go for a drive anywhere. She mentally slapped herself for reminiscing too much on the past and locked her eyes with his. He was her present and Nova was her past. They were dating and she accepted it before but since school started Scarlett found herself committing less to their relationship. "Whats going on Scarlett?"

 "Im tired of revising." She moaned chucking her book on the glass table standing up. Stretching her legs, she looked at her watch. "We have an hour before our shift and Ashley said she'll be here." Milo stood up wrapping her in a warm embrace that melted her heart. How could she even compare him to Nova? Snuggling her head further into his jumper, Scarlett held him tighter until she let go to face him again. Leaning closer she pressed a soft kiss to his lips and smiled back when he smiled against her lips.

 Milo gently pulled away "Lets go on a date." Scarlett kissed his lips again to seal her answer. She loved the idea that Milo suggested it and was glad he thought that their morning shifts weren't dates "We could go to a nice place or I can cook us a real nice dinner and then we'll watch one of them annoying horror movies that you really like because you're brave and dont mind watching stupid kids get murdered." 

Scarlett hummed to his idea of a date and felt it would be sweet "What would we eat and drink."

"Well, restaurant quality burgers with a side of salad to make ourselves seem diverse about food. Milkshakes to drink with cool straws." Milo explained. His eyes lit up at the part about straws and Scarlett wrapped her arms around his neck giggling at the childish behaviour. "Giggling are we now?" He teased and she leaned back in his arms to lightly hit his shoulder "Its cute."

"I would love that date to happen only with a Caesar Salad if we're pretending to be extra fancy and a glass of wine." 

"Ambitious." He kissed her cheek softly "Lets do it in two days."

"Why not tomorrow?" 

"Well it sounds more professional and less desperate if I said tomorrow but if you really want me tomorrow then fine I can clear my schedule or whatever." Milo joked connecting their lips more passionately this time and as Scarlett was about to respond, the doorbell rang multiple times. Milo pulled away signalling for her to get the door as he flopped down onto the couch preparing to look as if they were studying. Scarlett snorted at his attempt as she made her way to greet Ashley.

"You might break the doorbell Ash."

"I wouldn't have to ring so much if you weren't distracted." The comment was no surprise and they walked in an awkward silence back to the lounge where Milo was completing a practice test.