Luke Hemmings - Try Hard (Part 1)

*Your POV* 

“I couldn’t take her out coz mum’s got no money 

It’s stuff like this that makes me wish that I could change somehow, 

Sitting here at home 

It’s obvious she’s so out of reach 

And I’m finding it hard coz she makes me feel she makes me feel 

Like I try like I try like I’m trying too hard 

Coz I’m not being me 

And it’s getting me down 

That she makes me think she makes me think 

That I try that I try that I’m trying too hard again.” 

“What do you think?” Luke asked you as he came in from the recording booth, Ashton, Luke and Michael sitting around you. 

“It sounds amazing Luke,” you smiled. 

“Thanks. It means a lot that you wanted to come today, even though it’s boring,” he said. 

“It’s not boring,” you assured your best friend. 

“Well should we go get something to eat?” Michael proposed. 

“Yay food!” Calum shouted, running out to Ashton’s car. 

“So you really don’t think coming here is boring?” Luke asked again as you walked out to the car. 

“Not at all. I love seeing you guys perform you know that,” you nudged him. 

“True. I do know that,” he nodded, a cute smile on his face. 

You’d known Luke for years, going to school with him for most of your life and being such good friends had given you a great bond. But for the past couple of years you’d started to think of him differently. But it was starting to become obvious that he didn’t see you the same way. He was hooked on a girl from school who had dropped out a few months ago, an airhead blonde with all the guys chasing after her, using them all for sex and then dumping them. You didn’t want to see that happen to Luke though, he was so sweet and innocent and into this girl that you knew if she fucked and dumped him it would kill him. 

“Macca’s run!” Ashton shouted as we got into the car, you in the front beside Ashton while Luke, Michael and Calum sat in the back. 

“Luke it’s Maddi!” Michael shouted, Luke’s head whipping around to look out the window, the girl from school walking down the path. She was currently blonde with red streaks running through her head... she’s going to make her hair fall out if she keeps dying her hair. 

“Ashton slow down!” Luke exclaimed. 

“It’s a red light you idiot,” Ashton stated, stopping the car. 

“Hey Maddi!” Luke shouted out the window. 

“Oh hi Luke,” she said unenthusiastically. “Oh hey Calum, Michael... and...” she looked at you but didn’t know your name. 

“Y/N,” you told her through your open window. 

“That’s right. What are you doing with these guys? They are far too cool for you,” she said to me, my eyes widening. “I mean at least they’re semi-hot, as opposed to... whatever tragedy you wanna call yourself. Right Luke?” Maddi turned to Luke. He wouldn’t... 

“Yeah you’re right she’s a tragedy. I didn’t want her to come today but she insisted. Clingy much,” he said with a laugh. Your heart silently broke as he said that.