Luke Hemmings - Try Hard (Part 2)

*Your POV* 

“Luke!!” you called out to your best friend. 

“Y/N!!” he exclaimed as he saw you. He swept you up into his arms as you met him in the airport. He twirled you around a few times before setting you back down on the ground and kissing your cheek. He kept you close to him, not willing to let go of you just yet. 

It’s been almost 8 months since you’ve seen Luke and the boys. They’ve just come back from being the opening act for One Direction on their world tour. They’d spent time in England between the European and the North American leg of the tour so it had been forever since you’d seen them. It’s been a year and a half since the situation with Maddi and you and Luke were closer than ever. Your feelings had only gotten stronger since he’d left. 

“How was the flight?” you asked him. 

“Good. I’m exhausted but it was good.” 

“Yeah you look like you’re about to fall down,” you concluded, your arm around his waist to keep him upright. 

“I think I am,” he chuckled. 

“Y/N!!” the other boys tackled you into a group hug. 

“Hey guys!” you hugged them back tightly. 

“Been boring here without us?” Calum asked. 

“Oh yeah totally,” you rolled your eyes, punching him lightly in the stomach. “Well come on you guys need to sleep.” 

You picked up Luke’s bags and led the four of them out to the van that was waiting for them. You helped load the bags before getting in to sit down, Luke dragging you next to him and then resting his head on your shoulder, his arms squeezing you tightly. 

“I’ve missed you so much Y/N,” he mumbled into your ear. 

“I’ve missed you too Luke. It’s been so weird here without you for so long.” 

“I wish you could’ve come with us. It was amazing Y/N. We’ve gotten so many new fans!” 

“I know I’ve been looking at everything. You guys are getting big, not that it surprises me,” you smiled. 

“You always said we’d make it Y/N and we did!” Ashton shouted. “We love you! You’re our number one fan!” 

“And don’t ever forget that!” you replied. 

“I could never forget that,” Luke whispered to you. 

“Luke close your eyes you’re practically falling asleep on my shoulder.” 

“No I want to talk to you. I’ve missed hearing your voice in person,” the butterflies in your stomach started beating around, a tingly feeling running over your skin. 

“What do you want to talk about then?” you asked him, your fingers running through his hair. 

“Sing to me,” he mumbled, readjusting himself on your shoulder. You glanced back and saw the other boys fast asleep. 

“What do you want me to sing?” It was normal for you and Luke to sing together, you’d first met and gotten close in music class when you were little and since then you always sang together. 

“You know what I want you to sing,” he poked your stomach. You blushed and nodded. 

For all those times you stood by me 

For all the truth that you made me see 

For all the joy you brought to my life