Chapter 10-Royal Funeral-

I need to know...
________________________________

Hae Ji's POV

All royals, servants, soldiers, warriors of the kingdom are now in an open space where my father's ceremonial funeral will happen...

The crown prince was in front behind him was me and Woo hee....by my both sides were my other brothers behind us were the 7 princes and behind them were all the servants, warriors and soldiers of both kingdoms, Baekje and Silla...

All my brothers were crying...as Joon Woo throws the stick that has fire to stash of hay where they traditionally piled up, the cabin together with my father's body burned in ashes while the wind blew every last bit of ash away from our sights...then the rain starts to pour down making my tear invisible...Min Joon walks up to me...

"Let's go back Hae Ji..." he said while walking back to the palace...

"Hae Ji..."

"Go ahead Woo hee...I'll follow behind...I need time to be alone..." I told her while I was looking down...

My sister died in a war...my mother died after a war...and my father died before the war...

~~~~~~~

"Remember this...protect no one but yourself, the kingdom and people in it..." -Jae Hwa...

"Protect your brothers no matter what Hae Ji...promise me that..." -Mother...

"Promise me you'll stay alive...no matter what..." -father...

"And remember this...I love you..." - Jae Hwa, Mother, § Father...

~~~~~~~

"They...will...pay..." I said as I wipe my tears away and left...

~time skip~

Woo Hee's POV

I was walking down the hall till I heard crying... it was Joon Woo's room...I knock on the door... no one answers the door...I slowly opened the door and saw Joon Woo sitting on the floor... I walk up to him and he looks at me...

"What are you doing here, Woo hee??"

"Well...I heard a crying noise...so..the noise led me here...I'm sorry for walking in without permission but I was just worried and-" I was cut off by him saying

"It's alright...I could use an accompany..."

I sat there...avoiding his eyes...

"Out of all people...why him??" He said looking at me....I looked at him in confusion

"The king??" He nods answering my question...

"There's a reason why he died so early..."

"Yeah...because he was poisoned..." he said

"Your highness..." I looked at him...and sigh... "it's getting late, your highness...I'll be taking my leave" I added as I stood up but he pulled my wrist and our lips touch...my eyes widened while my heart started beating rapidly...I immediately stood up and walk out of the room... once I've closed the door...i leaned behind the door and sigh while I touch my lips and slowly smiled... I went back to reality when I realised what time it was...I went to my room and drifted to sleep...

~time skip~

Once I've woken up, I stood up and got ready... when I went to the dinning room where all of the royals were, I saw Hae Ji and she waved a bit...I smiled at her... my eyes turned to Joon Woo and he was staring at me...I gulp and looked away while I felt burning on my cheeks... I hope he doesn't remember...

Hae Ji's POV

I was still staring at Woo hee when she looks at Joon Woo hyung she suddenly looked away while blushing...I look at Joon Woo and he was also blushing... mmm...curiosity...

~time skip~

I was walking down the halls when I heard a conversation...it was familiar voices...

"Is it really that hard for her to trust us??" I'm guessing that was Nam Joon

"Look, you just need to do something that she tells you...without you realising she already trust you..." Haneul said...

"But what is it?? Good thing for Jimin he got kissed by her!" Hoseok said

I stepped in and looked at them...

"So you were talking about me huh..." I said...

"We can explain!" They all said...

"No need...you want to earn my trust?? Fine then...surprise me... I'm pretty sure that some of you can draw right??" I said

"Yeah..."they said in unison

"None of you knows my smile...so illustrate my smile...and if your guess is correct...you'll earn my trust...or...if you can't...just surprise me with something else..." I said with a smirk... "you've got 7 days." I added as I left...

Dae Jung's POV

"And how the hell would we know her smile, if the smile that she shows to her brothers are fake, to her friends are fake, to us it's also fake and to everyone is also fake?!" Yoon Gi yelled

"Maybe she means your imagination..." I said looking at them...

"Imagination??" The seven of them said confused

"Yes! Imagination!" Hye Hoon And Ye Joon both said smiling... "and don't worry if it'll be 'hard'! We're here to help you!" They added

" help us??" They all asked

"Yes...we trust you...and we know you'll never hurt her...if only she sees what we see..." Woo Hee answered them...with a smile.. I look at Joon Woo and I saw jealousy on his face...he likes Woo Hee...

Hae Ji's POV

I was sitting at the highest roof of the palace and I was looking at the sky...when my eyes shifted to the ring that was given by my friend from Goryeo, his name is Kwon Dae Gun .. to be honest... Goryeo, Baekje and Silla were all friends...but then something happened that made Goryeo set war... and before that happened I had a friend in Goryeo... he was my only boy best friend... I miss him... but my heart turned into stone when I knew that his kingdom killed my sister...but sometimes I stop and think...it wasn't really his fault...

I sigh as I pulled my sword and started training... and yes at the roof top...this is a great chance to practice my balance...

But there's something strange about him that keeps bothering me since the first day we met... he may be sweet and all but he's also mysterious... the last rumour I heard about him is that he was...

an assassin

___________________

End of chapter