Chapter 20-Hae Ji's Dance-

He killed me inside....

__________________

(Don't play music yet)

Me and Woo Hee were in a room where there has ancient musical instruments. At that point I was still stressed out... Woo Hee smiled.. I knew what she was thinking. She grabbed the gayageum and looked at me...

"Come on, Hae Ji... like the old times..." she pleaded... I sigh...

"It's been long since I last dance...can I still do it??" I said looking down my feet

"Of course you can!" She said... I just nod...

(Play music now)

I started by swaying my hands gracefully in different directions...then I started moving my feet... with my head following the beat... without any thoughts, I was dancing gracefully like before... I closed my eyes... and started seeing that I was somewhere else.. somewhere I have been before...

My fingers touching the floor as if I was splashing water... with me twirling around, jumping and landing gracefully... bending with my arms rolling up...

My stress was gone... I was in peace...without any overthinking... I smiled..

Author's POV

Hae Ji thought that no body was watching... Woo Hee was too busy on the string positions not able to see her whole dance... Even Woo Hee would glance at her dance, she wouldn't care enough...

Little did she know that the princes were watching every step she made... her brothers proud and happy to see her dance again...still in awe that even though it's been years, since she last dance a single step, she was still amazing...

The 7 princes, mesmerised and amazed by how she could dance better than any female dancer they saw... they could never take their eyes off her... with her eyes closed, graceful hands and feet and a smile that was plastered on her face... to them... it was a great masterpiece... they could see... all emotions on her dance... sadness... anger...pain... happiness... fear?... and lastly peace...

For the first time, they all thought... she didn't sense any of their presence... they knew that she would stop at the moment she sensed them but at this time... she doesn't care... all she wants now... was peace... to her, each and every step had a meaning... now... it was different... nothing was in her mind... not even her sister's memories...nothing...

Woo Hee never stopped playing, cause at the moment she stops, Hae Ji might sense the watching princes...

The only thing that Hae Ji was hearing was the music of gayageum.

The only thing that the 7 princes was seeing was Hae Ji. They weren't just amazed and mesmerised... they were falling in love even more...to them, everything was in slow motion while the only thing that they can hear was not the gayageum's music but their own heartbeat. They could watch her dancing all day... without getting bored...they asked to themselves... is this love?...those words kept repeating on their mind... they could feel every emotions that she was letting out...

Hae Ji's POV

I was in peace...all emotions that I felt... stress... revenge...pain... fear... hate... sadness... anger...all of them started fading away... one by one...

For the first time... I wasn't thinking anything, about my next step nor my sister... I let my body do everything... I let my heart decide for once... the feeling of being free... it was amazing... I never felt this freedom ever since my sister's death... I was always thinking of revenge...the pain that I had... the anger... all of the negative emotions took over me... and because of that... I failed for once... I failed in one thing... the most important thing... My brother was right... I smiled in realisation...

Doing my last steps... letting all the remaining bad emotions in me... while smiling...I gracefully finish my dance with a bow...

I exhaled... I stood up straight... letting a drop of tear rolling down my cheeks... finally... I was in peace even though it was for a few minutes, it felt like years of peace...

(Ps. Make sure that the music stop as this point. Then if it stop at the right time, then you're amazing 😉. If not,you can stop the music)

Woo Hee stood up and walk towards me...

I exhaled...

"I told you Hae Ji... you can still dance..."

"Yeah..."

"Is your stress gone...did you feel the freedom?" I looked at her in surprise. She smiled..

"You always made your mind decide... you're always overthinking... you don't use this..." she points at my chest...

"What do you mean...I always use that in breathing-"

"Hae Ji, stop being like that...that's why you're still not surpassing your sister..."

"What do you mean...I don't want to surpass her-"

"Hae Ji...what if one day... your sister is still alive-"

"Then I'll find her and hug her.." I said

"What did I tell you about cutting me off?"

"Sorry..." I apologised...she sighs...

"But what if she's not the Jae Hwa you knew... what if she works for Gugoryeo kingdom..."at that moment I was speechless...

"Then...I'll try to convince her to come back..." I said a bit nervous...

"But what if she don't...what if one day you saw your brothers laying down the floor...being killed by Jae Hwa..."

"Then I'll kill her...like my motto in wars...it's one life who dies for a hundred more to live..." I said...

"What will you use in battle to kill her?" She asked me again...

"My swords and multiple skills that I created...I'm pretty sure she doesn't know that..." I said...

"Then you'll lose..."

__________________

End of chapter