Chapter 24-Broken Promise-

It's one life who dies for a hundred more to live...

__________________
(don't play the music yet)

Hae Ji's POV

He locked his pinky with mine while he promised... he breaks the silence and pushed me to the pool...

I stood up and I was soaking wet...

"Dae Jung!" I yelled... he just laughs... I giggled as I narrowed my eyes and sink down...

"Y-Yah!! Noona! You're scaring me...". He yelled

I then appeared in front of him

"boo!!"

"Ahh!"He screams. I then pulled him in...

"Noona!" He said while he started splashing water in my face...

"Oh! You want that fight huh!!" I said as I started splashing water back at him...

This moment I would really cherish...I hope this doesn't ends...

~time skip~

2 days later

Author's POV

It was a great day... it's been two whole days and nothing happened... no ambushes, no poisons, and no killing... but even so Hae Ji got a hint o the feeling that something was wrong...so she still wore her fighting clothes.

so she still wore her fighting clothes

They were all at an outdoor dinning

(Ignore the people...)

They were all having tea. The princess, Woo Hee, Dae Jung, and the 7 princes...

They were merrily celebrating because it's been 3 days since the last kill...

Their tea was served by a servant and they all took a sip, happily...

Dae Jung drank most of the tea. While the others just took one sip...

Dae Jung felt a sudden pain in his abdomen... his eyes started to get blurry... he then saw a shadow from a far watching them... he knew that it was them... they were here...

He stood up and left with a smile trying to let them know that he's fine... Woo Hee got very suspicious... Hae Ji was too busy thinking of something else to see this...

Dae Jung was walking away from that place trying to save Hae Ji... when he couldn't take it anymore. He collapsed on the cold and dirty ground... some servants saw this and ran to Hae Ji...

"Princess Hae Ji!!" They shouted as thy reach the princess

"Yes?" Hae Ji asked

"Its Prince Dae Jung, He collapse on the ground!" they said. Hae Ji's eyes widened, triggering tears wanting to fall down... she forced herself not to... she ran to where he is... with Woo Hee and the 7 prince behind her. They've reach where Dae Jung was... he was coughing out blood...

Hae Ji ran to him and placed his head on her lap...

(Play the music)

"D-Dae Jung-ah...stay with me..." Hae Ji said forcing herself not to cry...

Her brother was trying to catch his breath... his heart started slowing down... he tried to make it beat a bit faster to live more longer... to be with her sister even for a short time...

"Dae Jung... please don't leave me... you promised!" Hae Ji said

Dae Jung showed her his fingers crossing... she knew what it means...

"You lied...why..."

"I did it to save you..."

"That's my duty Dae Jung!"

"I had to... or you'll die..."

"I won't!! stop talking nonsense! Dae Jung please don't leave me!"

"I'm sorry Noona... but I have to..." he said while his eyes started closing...

"Dae Jung! Don't you dare close those eyes! You're not leaving me like everyone did! Please!!" Dae Jung only smiled weakly... and wiped Hae Ji's tears...

"Remember... always use this for battle... not anger... but this..." he said while he points to Hae Ji's heart...

"Noona, I'll have to leave you too... Always remember that I'm always in your heart... I did this for you... Mianhae Noona... saranghae..." He said while his eyes closed... and on his last breath... a drop of tear flows down from his eyes...and it started to rain...the other princes went to their rooms... Woo Hee gave her space...And left...

"No,no,no,no!! You're joking!! You're not leaving me!! Dae Jung please!! I need you!!" She yelled shaking him...

"Hae Ji, he's gone.." Taehyung said...

"No he's not!!" She said while she stares at her dead brother... she place her hand on Dae Jung's cheek and slowly cherish his cheeks...

"Why!! You promised!! You said you won't leave me!! You said you'll be there!! I promised mom that I'll protect you!! I promised her that I won't let you die!! Please... Come back to me..." she said... crying even more...

Some guards took him while Hae Ji stopped them...

"No,no! He's not dead! Please-" she was cut off by Taehyung hugging her...

"Taehyung... please tell me he's not dead!!" The poor girl said with tears in her eyes...

"I'm sorry but he is... but he's right here in your heart...all of them are... calm down Hae Ji... I'm here for you..."Taehyung said comforting her...while he kissed her forehead...

The others were too scared and mad to comfort her... they were scared for what she might do next and they were mad at the person doing this to her... Taehyung didn't care about the rain... he hugged her no matter what...

Hae Ji has mixed emotions... she was confused at the words that they all said before that would die... she was angry to the person that killed them... she was sad at their deaths... and she felt comfortable and relieved that someone was comforting her...

In Taehyung's arms... in the 7 princes' arms... she felt safe... she felt something different in their auras...

She felt love... not only the love they show towards her...But love towards them... it was like

She was in love with them...

_______________________

End of chapter