23.

Continued from last chapter

April 21st, 2000

Charlotte, North Carolina

3:45 pm

Visiting the DeGrate's

Justine Skye

We were finally in Charlotte, North Carolina going to visit his parents and tell them the good news, hopefully, they will be happy and not judgmental about it I can still remember thanksgiving lord have mercy it was rough.

"Don't be nervous baby." Devante said.

"I just don't know what they going to say." I said.

"Well, we will find out soon enough." Devante said as he knocked on the door.

He knocked a few times and someone finally opened the door and it was his mother, the only thing she could do is smile when she saw her oldest son at the doorstep as she hugged him.

"Donald! what a surprise!!! Come on in." Mrs. DeGrate said.

"Hello Justine, nice to see you again." She added giving me a hug.

"Nice to see you too Mrs. DeGrate." I said.

"Call me Mary." Mrs. DeGrate said with a smile.

"Okay, Mary!" I said.

Devante grabbed our bags as we went inside the house and it was a lovely home.

"You have a lovely home Mary." I said.

"Thank you!" Mary said.

"Where he at?" Devante questioned.

"He is at the church will be back in shortly." Mary said.

"Well, Donald you can show her around the house, while you wait for your father to come home. I will be in the kitchen cooking." She added as he nodded.

She gave him a kiss on the head and went into the kitchen to cook, so Devante started showing me around the house and stuff. He showed me Dalvin's old room and it still look the same as he remembered.

"This is my room!" Devante said.

He opened the door and you can see his inspirations on the wall, his old TV set, dresser you can just tell its old. But it seems like Mary be up here cleaning and dusting.