37.

August 25th, 2001

New Jersey

Justine Skye

Justine Skye

I let the twins speak to Aaliyah before she got on the phone she told me that she was going to stop by the house to chill for us for a few days and then going back to New York.

"I love you Justine! Tell the twins I love them so much and see them in a few hours!" Aaliyah said.

"I love you too Aaliyah see you in a few hours." I said.

"Alright, bye!" Aaliyah said.

"Bye!" I said as I ended the call.

So I was reading my book waiting for Aaliyah's arrival when I suddenly fell asleep while reading. The house phone kept ringing and then my cell phone but I couldn't get to it that is when I went into a slumber.

"You made it Aaliyah!" I said giving her a hug as she hugged me back.

"Take good care of my niece and nephews!" Aaliyah said.

"How do you know that I am having a boy?" I questioned she laughed.

"I just know, look out for my family for me." Aaliyah said as I was confused.

"What you mean by that?" I questioned.

"Promise me?" Aaliyah asked once more.

"Yes, I will promise!" I said.

She started to walk away as I held her hand.

"Where are you going? You supposed to come over my house?" I questioned.

"I can't I am going home Justine!" I said.

"Home? Okay, I thought you were staying over mine but that's okay!" I said as she laughed.

"Going to miss this!" Aaliyah said with a weak smile.

I just looked at her still trying to process what was going on.

"I love you Justine, I will see you again soon!" Aaliyah said hugging me to dear life.

"I love you too Aaliyah!" I said hugging her back.

We both looked back at each other and I can see tears falling down her eyes with a smile as I wiped it away and continued to hug her and that is when I woke up.

"Justine!" Devante said.

"Yes! I just had the weirdest dream about Aaliyah! Is she here?" I questioned.

"No she's not!" Devante said.

"Then where is she?" I questioned once more.

Devante didn't speak as I was getting scared so I got my phone and started to call Aaliyah's phone but it went straight to voicemail.

"Why is everyone calling me and the house phone?" I asked.

"I don't know how to say this," Devante said with tears in his eyes.

"What?" I asked.

"Aaliyah was in a plane crash she didn't make it." Devante said.

"You got to be lying to me? I questioned.

"No I am not baby, she's gone!" Devante said.

I got up but then I fell straight to the gone my legs were so weak I couldn't stand up my own as I beginning to cry really hard as Devante hold onto me.

A few days later we were all at the funeral and I couldn't stop crying her parents asked me to sing but I couldn't do it as they understand I could probably walk I was still weak in the knees

A few days later we were all at the funeral and I couldn't stop crying her parents asked me to sing but I couldn't do it as they understand I could probably walk I was still weak in the knees. That dream I had of Aaliyah really tripped me out I didn't even know what was happening until after the fact. She wanted me to promise to look out for her brother Rashad and parents and I was going to that, they left me to keep her snake that her uncle gave her and the puppy that she had. Her parents didn't want her motorcycle and Rashad didn't have any room for it so I was going to keep it over the house. When they release the dove birds into the sky that is when it sunk in that Aaliyah wasn't coming back as I was back her mother side holding her hand as she cried and I was trying to hold back my tears I felt a chill on my shoulder as I knew it was Aaliyah by myself as I smiled a lil bit while tears came down Devante kissed my head as he was crying also. It was just a really sad day for all of us.